WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I got a little time to chat with the Japanese service techs today, turns out the engineer was somewhat of a car guy, he used to have an 1st gen 240sx.  He showed me some pictures, it was lowered and had some cool wheels on it.  He said it is very expensive to have a car in Japan.  He also knew someone that had an '87 BMW.  He is actually going to be living in Milwaukee for the next 3 years as part of his job.  It was a cool experience to work with these guys.  I realized that the difficulty I find communicating is how they feel all day everyday while they are here.

I hate people.

When we had our house built, the builder wanted $5k to install A/C. We said thanks - but no thanks - and planned to add later. (They still installed coil, refrigerant lines, etc... Just no unit itself).

So we finally decided to get it done, And just got a call from the installer. Original builder never capped the refrigerant lines - so coil and lines are all junk and need to be replaced.

Original guy leave then uncapped on purpose or something?

It was either a complete oversight on his part - or he figured we'd have someone else install right away and it "wasn't a big deal". He put some black plastic caps on the ends of the lines - but those don't do jack for keeping moisture out.

Either way - crimping and brazing the ends would have taken 5 minutes....