Snap

Official Lurker Check-in Thread

25 posts in this topic

Well, I guess I'll start. 

Not sure what to post, but I suppose I could give a bit of background info on myself and my car. I'm a freshman at MSOE right now, mechanical engineering, and I'm originally from Madison where I met Chris a few years ago and was introduced to the forum. 

I've got a 1989 325i vert that I've slowly been bringing back from neglect. It had the rear suspension and driveshaft components refreshed/replaced last winter, and the head rebuilt with new cam/rockers/valve springs in June due to a broken valve spring. I've done a lot of interior refreshing as well, along with new tires and some other little things. 

Oh, and it's Alpine White, which seems to be a thing around here. 

Not sure where I'm going to go with it from here, probably gonna refresh the front suspension, maybe a manual swap, and maybe spring for a x-brace, but who knows with college and all that. 

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

Iceddragon, jc43089, timmer and 2 others like this

26 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

I feel like I've been a lurker lately... New job and apartment hunting has kept me busy. 

I feel the same about my lurking presence.

Going through the 'online users' tab shows 2 or 3 users with few or no posts online in the last 30 minutes, WE SEE YOU COME SAY HI

Earl likes this

I sometimes see 100+ online users and the threads they are viewing are pretty old and buried so I wonder if they are maybe bots. On the other hand, we have had a few people from across the country join up and comment/PM about certain topics that they found doing a google search which i think is cool

m42b32, Earl, Bassboy3313 and 1 other like this

I've been facebook messaged, emailed, PM'd, etc from random people around the U.S. and Canada for help unlocking PROcede units.  These lurkers exist!

Yeah no one asks me shit. They must see my build thread and get turned off

I'll ask you a question, how many more Miata's are you going to purchase in the next 5 years?

Jdesign likes this

Lurkers, non-posters, and infrequent posters of WIBIMMERS: I challenge you to a challenge:

lurker.jpg

Some of us like lurking........ I think I am on here 20 times a day from tapa talk and barley posts anything anymore. Not really sure why I'm not very active anymore.

Yup!  Funny thing is, the label in the door says 535ia, but it's manual.  If you run the VIN, it's manual.  So why is it a 535ia and not a 535i?

4 minutes ago, Snap said:

535?

1 hour ago, Mekihead said:

Yup!  Funny thing is, the label in the door says 535ia, but it's manual.  If you run the VIN, it's manual.  So why is it a 535ia and not a 535i?

"That label (weight & wheel label) should say "535i/A USA" ...the model number has a " / " between the "i" and "A" which indicates that the specs are for the manual AND automatic models imported to the USA...not that your car should have an auto tranny."

-Bimmerforums.com 

12 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

"That label (weight & wheel label) should say "535i/A USA" ...the model number has a " / " between the "i" and "A" which indicates that the specs are for the manual AND automatic models imported to the USA...not that your car should have an auto tranny."

-Bimmerforums.com 

Holy Shit, this is it!  This is the line I've been looking for for so long!  Thank you so much.  I knew there was an explanation for it, but I never could find it.