WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1991 318is M62B44 Build

CMart

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-4504-Stinger-Bubble-Flaring/dp/B0015PMZMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426778201&sr=8-1&keywords=iso+bubble

From what I read, its hard to find ISO flares at parts stores to rent and when you can the dies are worn from improper/too much use.

I got that along with a cutter and bender. 

I'll lend it out once I am done with it to anyone who needs it.

• 1 month later...

Making some progress on the booster relocation and waiting on some aluminum parts to get back from my welder.

Since I have not been able to find a good wiring diagram I have some general electronics questions.

From what I am gathering I need to take the main relay and fuel pump relay from the E39. Would these be located on the body harness or engine harness? There are a relays on the body harness and I am hoping those are it.

If they are fact are do I just need to tap into the E30 ignition wires so I can power them when I IG1, IG2, start, etc they are powered? Basically just wire them into the E30 key, and then into the fuel pump and the starter?

Any good write ups on general engine swaps and electronics for this?

• 1 month later...

Got the booster bracket back from the welder last week. Put in some hours this weekend and got the booster bracket mounted and all of the linkage setup. "Hardest part of the swap" is now done. Next comes what will be the hardest for me which is the wiring.