WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1991 318is M62B44 Build

CMart

Bad angle, but manifolds are already on there. Just need to weld up some down pipes and fit the old E39 exhaust. Decided to go straight pipe and forget the sleeper thing.

Ohh and the booster is from an older car and I am using that for mach up. I have one in much better condition that I will be using.

• 3 weeks later...

This build deserves its own get-together so we can take turns doing burnouts with it. 

It's funny when I picture this car being done I don't picture it at the track (which is my new goal for the car), I picture myself in a parking lot with the throttle down choking on white smoke.

We'll have a BYOT (bring your own tires) party

In 4 exhaust pics

It's been a bitch so far. I need a lift or a hand to make any real progress, but I cleared my schedule for tonight to see what I can get done. All I have at this point is the exhaust manifolds made and my old E39 exhaust I plan on frankensteining. Driver side down pipe is proving to be a real pain in the ass.

It's funny when I picture this car being done I don't picture it at the track (which is my new goal for the car), I picture myself in a parking lot with the throttle down choking on white smoke.

We'll have a BYOT (bring your own tires) party

It's been a bitch so far. I need a lift or a hand to make any real progress, but I cleared my schedule for tonight to see what I can get done. All I have at this point is the exhaust manifolds made and my old E39 exhaust I plan on frankensteining. Driver side down pipe is proving to be a real pain in the ass.

I feeel ya! I've built a few exhaust at my current shop now, and I have gravel for most of my garage floor LOL. 

Between that, and having broke my back when I was younger, and still having a couple herniated disc's, life is real hard without a lift! haha. 

I think there's three lines off the tank. Fuel send/return and the third is a breather line that runs up to a charcoal canister and then to a purge valve to the intake. The connector on the furthest left of the pic looks pretty similar to the coolant level sensor, I'd imagine it's gas level (?) the middle connector is probably for the fuel pump. Don't quote me, just guessing

Down pipes and gutted cats are in. I need to way to trick the secondary O2 sensors so I don't have a CE light on all the time. I am thinking I can tap into the primary and run a resistor or buy those O2 spacers that trick them into thinking the cats are there and working.

19837044152_92516a81c9_z.jpg

Mach up - Thought it looked pretty cool.

19844404545_c9d8782a06_z.jpg

Waiting on my C101 and then I can start the wiring. Still need to tweak and reinforce the remote booster and run all the plumbing.

What DNA radiator are you running? Looks to be thicker than an e30/e36 one

It is supposed to be for an E30. I wish it was wider, but I will wait to see what my coolant temps are and change if needed.

I ended up not getting to my shop this weekend. Any diagrams on r3v or in the bentley?

Haven't looked any further into the wiring. I got as much done on the exhaust as I can until my hangers show up. Pretty happy with everything thus far.