WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1991 318is M62B44 Build

CMart

I picked up some more parts for my black interior swap. Black houndstooth door panels and they wouldnt separate the rear seat. I was planning on selling the seat and swapping the houndstooth with alcantara but now I kind of want to hunt for some houndstooth front seats.

I picked up some more parts for my black interior swap. Black houndstooth door panels and they wouldnt separate the rear seat. I was planning on selling the seat and swapping the houndstooth with alcantara but now I kind of want to hunt for some houndstooth front seats.

Drop an email to "Nine Stitch" in New York.

Maybe with two of us on the hunt for black/grey houndstooth he will push one of his vendors a bit harder!!

No progress as it is has been too cold and I have not welded up the trans mount.

Public poll, do you think this front end is fixable or do I need a new one? I originally thought I needed to buy a new one, but after looking at it the other day I think a body shop may be able to get it back in place.

14208746909_631a01e5f5_o.jpg

i say its not worth fixing, thats pretty f'd up. i slid mine up a barrier once and it looked like that and was unfixable.  the cost of a straight one may be the same or even a little more, but i doubt they will get that perfect again. even on a straight one, the fog lights and brake ducts are a tight fit and rely on mounts which are on the valance itself, so if they dont get bent back to pefect, they wont fit anymore.

secondly, looks like you need new fogs/brake duct/lip anyways, so you may find them all from one parts car for a better deal than separate.

• 3 weeks later...

Only update is my garage is clean. I need to weld up a trans mount before the drivetrain goes back in I have to wait on a buddy for that unfortunately. Though I do have someone willing to lend me one I don't think they realize how long Ill have it...

I do have some interior work I could be doing (grey carpet, black door cards, alcantara headliner, black rear panel, black seats, etc, but that won't get my car running.

Bubble flares is what I was told by one of the old school techs. If you haven't done flares before good luck and hopefully they turn out. My suggestions would be to spend $$ on a good flare tool. I broke bits on doing lines on my old car and they ended up leaking too with a rental tool.