WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

any reason you didn't use something like the champion oil filter relocation with a thermostat? Not real sure about the benefits of s54 housing, though. I just love the look of a hidden oil filter haha. 

Less work, oem reliability and avoiding a lot of a/n fittings.

I definitely thought about getting the vac or Achilles units but $$$..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would even think a piece of hose (or PVC pipe maybe) that has the same ID as the OD of the gauge. Slip it over the gauge up to the front. It could pinch the vent ribs between the gauge lip and the hose, applying even pressure hold around the entire gauge. Just a thought.

It is pretty tight in there after sanding the upper and lower to make the gauge fit. I might use some of that interior tar that I used to hold on the inner door plastic. Simple, black and I can remove it if I need to with ease.

Unless TCD aka "Captain Velcro" wants to share the knowledge. ;)

- Ordered this guy. http://jbperf.com/dual_VR/v2_1.html

^Traction control!!!!

- Received my VAC 12 to 14mm vanos bolt.

- Got the tiling done in the bathroom surround. Need to tile the floor, drop off the wet table saw and pick up my air compressor so I can blow out the head bolt threads in the block.

- Ready to finish my Megasquirt wiring. Need to figure out how to wire up the traction control still.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Popped on the S54 oil filter housing and the power steering. Torqued everything down with loc-tite. 9df5eda5e72c541f2eafcf5f4a92f732.jpg I cleaned out the threads in the block for the head bolts then I starting reading that people prep their block with a honing stone before they install the CES cut-ring head gasket. Should I do this? Thoughts? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk