WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official Sighting Thread

alexw

why is it that people who talk your ear off are also the people that can't read body language or facial expressions to figure out you've had enough?

saw a nice late model e30 cabrio driving down lincoln memorial today with an older gentlemen at the wheel.

also noticed that Concours had an e24 and 2002 in the front windows. they should be in the center of the showroom!  o wait, then people will wonder why the rest of the cars are so ugly.

And sadly those two cars are driven once a year :( the tii is a full restoration and the 635csi is all original with like 55k on it.

Sidenote: Porsche has the 919 and RSR on display at the Concours showroom on silver spring for anyone interested. I would believe they head up to road America tomorrow or Friday at latest.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night on my way home from work I saw an e30 coupe heading north on US45 from the stop sign at highway K near Bristol.  Light gold metallic, lowered, larger wheels but overall pretty stock looking.  It sounded like it had a V8 in it.  I was on the bike with a helmet on so take that with a grain of salt.  Anybody know this car?

Later,

Wally

• 2 weeks later...

I had an older gentleman stop me at the gas station yesterday morning to talk to me about my 335i and tell me how nice it looked and how great it sounded.  He proceeded to tell me that he's had some BMW's but probably nothing I have ever heard of so I asked "Like what?".  He asked if I knew what a 2002 was... then told me about his Florida Green 2002 which he sold to buy his 84 e28 520i euro with the manual trans that he purchased from a Dr. in Georgia who he referred to as a "cheap bastard" who did a european delivery and ordered it as a base model.

He continued to tell me about going to 5er fest every year except for 2009 when his Dr. wouldn't reschedule his heart surgery.

The guy could have talked my ear off all day but he realized I was on my way to work.  He made sure to point out that he is retired and would be returning home to read his paper lol.

That's Jim.  It's bahama beige.  Have spoken to him at a few times at Tedfest and today at the Windy City Vintage.  Super nice guy.