WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Does your car have working A/C

B C

Does your car have working A/C?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does your car have working A/C?

• Yes, it works, no schweaty balls for me!
    • No, but I wish it did/needs a recharge/broken
    • No, I removed it/didnt come with the car/racecar
    • rage drifting.

Question

looks like my late model had r134a from the factory, so hopefully the $30 recharge kit will solve this issue and put me in the 'no shweaty balls' category

I used "Freeze 12" as an R12 substitute on my Camry before it was legal to sell refrigerant at parts stores (Amazon wouldnt allow shipping to WI, I ended up getting some from out of state)  That was 3 years ago. It still works extremely well. You should have great results with it as long as you do it right. 

I used "Freeze 12" as an R12 substitute on my Camry before it was legal to sell refrigerant at parts stores (Amazon wouldnt allow shipping to WI, I ended up getting some from out of state)  That was 3 years ago. It still works extremely well. You should have great results with it as long as you do it right. 

Good to know! What I plan on using in my car when I redo the A/C.

from what i read, its just about not putting too much refrigerant in (allowing the pressure to get too high). should be pretty easy.