WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

abandoned stuff is friggin interesting. 

One time at work (former employer), I had nothing to do for, oh, ever, so I google street viewed my way through Detroit. Discovered the old Packard motors / Motor City Industrial Complex. I had never known of that place before     and all I can say is WOW

Tried to take some snow with me but TSA wouldnt let me through security with it. But really its in the 80s. Feels perfect.

You sunofabish....

Not really. Despite having hated the cold my entire life, I'm starting to get used to it. While you're down in AZ pick me up a nicely patina'd Datsun 620. I have this crazy desire to swap an M42 into one, throw a mexican blanket over the seat, some empty High-Life bottles in the bed and call it a finished project.

Yep, im in Mesa as well. I was supposed to be checking out a laguna seca blue e46 m3 for a forum member today but it sold a few days ago.

i will be hitting a few auto auctions this week. My parents came down from UT to join us on our trip and coincidently my dad was being asked to represent the bank he works for at the auctions this week, so im tagging along.

The 335i ended up going for $5000, my dad had the authority to bypass the reserve on behalf of the bank. Perfect for parting out and swapping the motor into an e30

7c29162d9f64befb6c6d8b367cd575c3.jpg

This ronald mcdonaldmobile with 7000 miles sold for $35k

f59fee376c018bb2d1c8cc7609e46af2.jpg

This probably didnt get any bids because the taillights are hideous

b27c9a4a1000510430ea8dde4bfe22d2.jpg

Also, I learned that the W124 4matic benz has a very german solution to axle clearance

fbc1c4eb368c62d7f2ab476ee32c8ecf.jpg