WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I fly back to WI tomorrow morning. The weather in AZ has been excellent but im actually glad to live in WI. And looking forward to being back in my home in New Germany.

My parents are one of the many people that fall in love with the warm weather enough to casually browse homes for sale but I could never move here.

AZ seems to lack jobs that require a degree/pay well, but that is my own problem and not particularly everyones problem. theres not a decent mechanical engineering presence and my ability to say "ive had enough of this job" and walk into something else quickly and easily on my own terms seems poor compared to WI where a good job has never been hard to find

The average home is extremely small (not having a basement doesnt help). Traffic is on its way to California status. Suburban population density is too high, pollution is an issue, I lack faith in the sustainability of the local economy (the housing market has far too much influence on the local economy) and the whole drought situation.

I will visit here anytime during our cold months though. its a nice escape and reminder that a few months from now we will have a nice week of summer to enjoy, plus its nice to go for a hike and hardly break a sweat

The crime rates are pretty staggering here as well. Id have to live in a gated community like im staying in if I ever did live here.

The majority of snowbirds here have minnesota, illinois, and canada plates, a few wisconsin, but not proportional to the number of MI/IL plates.

Midwestern folks are also much friendlier in general. Proof of this is that the only stranger to just randomly engage in conversation with me here in AZ was from Green Bay.

Im just fine with WI as long as I dont have to live in MKE.

Contrast is always great for gaining perspective and appreciation for what you have.