WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Rowley, Snap and I will be o-ringing out blocks this winter as well. If you want to go in on the tool rental to keep cost down, let us know.

I already bought a bunch of cutters to get the job done. 

But let me know if either of you would like your head/block cnc machined! 

or if you want to come watch it get done, or learn some machining/cnc yourself!

I have a set of wheels with nearly brand new blizzaks for an x3 on Craigslist for $300. I can't believe how many people have contacted me and aren't willing to spend more than $200 on $700 tires plus the wheels...

I think my set up was $540 and I was ecstatic!  I bought them from a guy in Madison who had them on his dinan 335i for approximately 2k miles if remember correctly.  He bought the tires and wheels from tire rack last winter and they originally retailed around $1100.  When I got them the tires still had the hairs on them!  He told me that this was his first craigslist sale and he couldn't believe how angry people were getting when he wouldn't come down to ridiculously low numbers and he was getting angry emails from people after he would turn them down.  He thanked me afterwards and said that it was nice to know that normal people shop on there to lol.

Man I've met some interesting people buying stuff off c list. Anyone else?

I have bought things and sold things to some "shady" people....I have also had a few good experiences=P 

I have definitely dealt with some weirdos but for the most part I have had a pretty positive experience buying and selling.  Most of the negative experiences were with people that didn't actually buy something from me anyways.

I pushed him for the 3.5 ecoboost but his mindset is that all of his v8's made it over 200k so thats what hes gonna stick with. Turbos scare him and ge still remembers early unreliable turbo technology. I preached the benefits but hes old school.

I don't blame him. New technology is always scary and its smart to let them work the bugs out before buying.

The fuel economy on the 3.5eco Wasn't anything too impressive. I am sure the 5.0 isn't far behind it.

If I could afford it and wanted to deal with emissions. A new half ton would be plenty of truck. the new ones have tow ratings of 10,000lbs. and the pay load on them is ridiculous. back in the 90s and early 2000s half tons were only rated for 5500lbs of towing.

IMO. I don't really think any residential user really needs a new 3500 or a diesel at that. i mean. the new 2015 Ford 6.7 is at 440hp and 860ft lbs. I don't think any home user will be pushing that truck to its limit unless they go out of their way and try to.