WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

V8 Swapped E30

johnprusinski

Yeah r3v was not happy about this. 

In my worthless opinion it falls in the 'rice' category. If you hid them under the dash or put them through to the engine bay nobody would have said anything. 

You custom mounted them to your dash like a aluminum spoiler on a civic. 

But this is why everyone builds cars and not two turn out the same. My car pissed a lot of people off too. 

6 hours ago, Earl said:

They just figure you would want them out of sight and your current location would be better suited for switches of gages. For me it would seem better to try and mount them under the dash right above the pedals to have the shortest lines going down to the pedal. You dont need much room above them because you can fill them with fluid using a bottle pump=)

*Gauge's

I was going to put gauges there, but I already decided that I'm going to use a digital display for my cluster so I won't need most of my gauges. I mainly put my resivoirs there, because they don't fit right on the masters and to keep an eye on it if it gets too hot and the fact that I won't have to go under the dash to fill the resivoirs. I don't want to cut the dash like in the pictures because I don't want to completely destroy my dash and I'm unsure about how much space I have in the bay yet. I might make a change in the future, but all I can do is see. 

12 hours ago, johnprusinski said:

I was going to put gauges there, but I already decided that I'm going to use a digital display for my cluster so I won't need most of my gauges. I mainly put my resivoirs there, because they don't fit right on the masters and to keep an eye on it if it gets too hot and the fact that I won't have to go under the dash to fill the resivoirs. I don't want to cut the dash like in the pictures because I don't want to completely destroy my dash and I'm unsure about how much space I have in the bay yet. I might make a change in the future, but all I can do is see. 

I have an extra cracked dash in my garage to experiment with if you want it.

12 hours ago, johnprusinski said:

Bottle pump solves all isses=)

IMG_4770.jpg

22 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

It's a race car, purely functional so i don't see what all the fuss is about haha.

Everyone knows that real race cars need that exact spot for mounting things like gauges that monitor super important stuff like CV grease temperature and GoPro battery life. Trust me, I'm basically an expert because I saw a spec e30 car on a trailer going the other way on a freeway one time.

• 1 month later...