WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

V8 Swapped E30

johnprusinski

• 1 month later...

Time for an update. I short of maxed my credit card out to buy a perts to rebuild the head on the black e30 and a cage for the v8 swap. The cage has a pretty huge leed time so I probably won't see that for a few months. I did however get my garagistic brake booster delete bracket. I won't go into details about the scrap they sent me. I also bought my pedals and masters. On February 19th I'll be buying coilovers. I also mounted my resivoirs for the pedals. 

IMG_20151128_203614968~2.jpg

IMG_20160116_191605029~2.jpg

IMG_20160116_191547018.jpg

IMG_20160123_202303542_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20160123_224113066.jpg

IMG_20160123_225007874.jpg

Might depend on which orgs you run with. Usually tech rules for racing are stricter than DE, and/or more strictly enforced.

There is often the blanket prep rule that if the rules don't say you can do X then you can't do X. The other broad rule that might apply is that hoses in the cabin carrying hot or flammable liquids have to be metal or reinforced (e.g., braided steel for your lines).

They just figure you would want them out of sight and your current location would be better suited for switches of gages. For me it would seem better to try and mount them under the dash right above the pedals to have the shortest lines going down to the pedal. You dont need much room above them because you can fill them with fluid using a bottle pump=)