WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

V8 Swapped E30

johnprusinski

50 minutes ago, Earl said:

Wouldn't it have to be an actual color to be pastel? I never thought of any shade of grey being able to be called pastel lol 

from wiki:

Pastels or pastel colors are the family of colors which, when described in the HSV color space, have high value and low to intermediate saturation.[1][2] The name comes from pastels, art media characteristic of this color family. The colors of this family are usually described as "soothing",[3] "soft", "near neutral", "milky", "washed out", "desaturated", and lacking strong chromatic content.

that aviator "gray" is definitely a shade of blue, which is "washed out" and "desaturated". i'm sure under some light or low light, it just looks gray,  but this photo of the color that makes it pretty obvious:

100_9227.jpg

i only argue this because I have to deal with it all the time.  i work at an interior design firm, and the women around here are always complaining about whites not being white...grays being bluish or yellowish, etc.