WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 Project Thread - Part 2

Bassboy3313

The base material color does not matter when using the dye that I have. Whether the base color is black or tan, the brown will still turn out the same shade with complete coverage. Here is what the door cards look like (although mine arent as shiny).

door_zps9a91ee41.jpg

Now would a two tone look best with black on outer and brown on the inner "stripped" section or would 100% brown look best? Examples below.

bmw-3-series-e30-speaker-fittings-door-c

DSC_0009.jpg

Then I take it people agree to dye the headliner black instead of keeping it tan?

1 hour ago, YoungCR said:

Only problem I see with two tone on your door cards is you'd have to mask the stripped section off and I wonder how clean the lines would be.

this. the e30 had some factory door cards with two-tone, but it worked because it was stitched in that way.

and for your headliner, you could probably leave it tan, no one notices headliners. its like when people obsess over a crack in the ceiling of their house. no one sees it but you, because our eyes arent on the top of our heads.