WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 Project Thread - Part 2

Bassboy3313

Install harness, make downpipe, install coolant hoses, radiator and intercooler, install/modify driveshaft, patch floors, install rad. support section, make charge pipes, install hood and seats, check connections and fasteners, add fluids, load tune file, fire it up and go to the e30 picnic.

Did i miss anything?

I ended up welding a flat piece of metal across the tunnel, then put in some gussets, and then cut the center section out and drilled the bolt holes. It's a PITA to keep everything flat, planar and level when you're dealing with little 2 inch long pieces of metal. Otherwise bolting the brackets to a spare CSB or equivalent jig would probably help. Good luck. Don't burn yourself while welding over your head.

Install harness, make downpipe, install coolant hoses, radiator and intercooler, install/modify driveshaft, patch floors, install rad. support section, make charge pipes, install hood and seats, check connections and fasteners, add fluids, load tune file, fire it up and go to the e30 picnic. Did i miss anything?

Core support section installed

92abe8d09b6777730ca47c4d088b74b3.jpg

Install harness, make downpipe, install coolant hoses, radiator and intercooler, install/modify driveshaft, patch floors, install rad. support section, make charge pipes, install hood and seats, check connections and fasteners, add fluids, load tune file, fire it up and go to the e30 picnic. Did i miss anything?

M42 radiator installed.

c265be5dc4f738f09354c59c8619f762.jpg

Ran into an issue with the intercooler, rad fan, oil cooler fitment as I planned it out. Just ordered a replacement intercooler and still have to figure out the room I have for a slim pusher style fan. It will be tight, but hopefully will work out.

Quicker updates!! Lol

If only I had more time during the day there would be faster updates. I am trying to get at least one thing done every day I can before the picnic. We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to leadballs I got the e30 driveshaft fitted, new CSB mounts in and everything bolted down/installed.

d46248b6c046a6b6eb3f2ac250e7810c.jpg

Rear shifter carrier mount bolted up.

e4f34e8b04f2f79f230b98d02b23009d.jpg37b50aedc66e6836a080f0c67ed96b65.jpg

Made an ignition coil mount.

a5bba809a3bb086d2044ec14c4b676ff.jpg

Intercooler piping fitted and painted.

5a1d8c45767a29c8837d945a2cbbe7ce.jpg36c496728c81ce0895f092cc645cb8b8.jpg

Waiting on downpipe to be welded so I can get it back, fit it up and measure out the extension that needs to be welded to flex pipe to mate with downpipe. Once that happens, I'll need that welded up along with the bov flange and a few misc things welded to the aluminum intake piping. Anybody able to do this super fast??