WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My new 1995 540i/6

BMWben

Finally got my own car everyone! First I would like to say thanks to Chris (CYoung) for making this all happen while I'm down in South Carolina for school, he picked it up for me and did all the dirty work for me. Like the title says it is a 1995 e34 540i 6 speed. According to wiki there were only 3,200 produced so they are a little hard to come by. It has a 4.0 L V8 and a Dinan chip making it put out around 300hp. I haven't have the pleasure to drive it yet but I trust Chris's word 100% and he said that it is in perfect mechanical condition. Rust is not a big issue on the body which is also rare for e34s. Interior looks great as well and came with style 5 wheels with summer tires. Overall, I am very happy, got it for a great price, and was definitely worth it. Oh yea, its Canadian too :cool: .

10009834 10152688883574937 345533814 N

1978808 10152688884789937 1084499180 N

1922236 10152688884199937 1620299561 N

1920398 10152688883864937 1141600642 N

1898112 10152688884399937 790635925 N

1517583 10152688884884937 1454855731 N

1510596 10152688883984937 1866668072 N

1456089 10152688884519937 1073635003 N

1240055 10152688883674937 1344460235 N

I've got a couple plans for this summer. I would like to get some Spax lowering springs to get rid of that nasty wheel gap and possibly some exhaust work. Other then that I do love the way e34s look with style 42s so maybe I'll pick up Patricks from the Madison Bimmers Facebook group if I have the monies. No big plans as of right now, 300hp should do the trick for a while at least :D.  

Thanks guys!

540i/6 is a great find, damn fast car! FYI, the headlight washer system can fetch a pretty penny
That is good to know but I think I'll keep them just because I like being different. It also has the metric gauges to go with.
Nice car I was gonna grab this for a DD but could never get a return from the owner
It was hard to get a hold of him. He said he had dozens of people trying to contact him
I love the e34 540i!  Nice find!  I'm Patrick btw lol
Sorry man! I didn't know your username on here

Nice car I was gonna grab this for a DD but could never get a return from the owner

I was one of the first people to look at and put a deposit down on it right away. He was nice enough to hold it because he didn't want to have to keep dealing with people on craigslist haha.

The car is in great mechanical condition, tons of recent work done to it but its got a couple kinks to work out:

• There is something loose/worn in the rear end. While shifting when there is slack in the drive train, I hear/feel a clunking noise in the rear end. As its going back into gear its momentarily happens again but when the drive train is under load the noise/jerk isn't present. Rear differential bushing was replaced 2 years ago which was my first thought and most of the suspension has been replaced since then too. Possibly could be passenger rear sub frame mount. I'll need to get this up on the lift soon to check it out, its very minor though so I'm just gonna baby the car. 
  • Transmission whines when cold, seems to stop after a couple minutes of driving. Guessing it needs a fluid change/flush. 
  • Power locks don't always work on the front doors when using key or remote. 
  • Stereo wiring in rear may need some work, has an aftermarket amp wired into stock stereo system. 
  • Drivers seat doesn't lean back, one of the cables must be stuck.

The car drives very smoothly otherwise and the motors pulls beautifully. Motor was replaced under warrant at 76k miles for sulfur damages the Nikasil bore lining. That puts the motor at right around 184k miles.

Options for those who are curious:

• S214A Automatic stability control (ASC+T)
  • S240A Airbag Leather steering wheel
  • S243A Airbag for front passenger
  • S245A Steering wheel column adjustment,electr.
  • S279*  light alloy wheel without run flat (Full Size Style 5 Spare) 
  • S302A Alarm system
  • S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
  • S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
  • S464A Ski bag
  • S472A Armrest, front, driver/passenger
  • S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
  • S498A Headrests, rear, mechanically adjustable
  • S502A Headlight cleaning system (not available in USA)
  • S640A Preparation f tel.installation universal (Dealer must have installed Motorola phone system with Bell antenna, Hands free mic is clipped on driver's visor)
  • S686A Antenna-Diversity
  • S694A Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer (Dealer must have installed the CD changer cause it has one)
  • S818A Battery master switch
  • L838A NATIONAL VERSION CANADA
  • S900A Electronic immobilizer
  • S925A Transport protection package
Body in pretty great shape for a high mileage E34, rust is just bubbling under the paint at this point on some of the doors, trunk and near the gas door. I'll take pics of these when I have time but these areas should be addressed by the end of summer. 

Came with a set of Style 5's which will need refinishing although the 5th full size spare is in good shape. Needs a new set of tires for those and the current E34 steelies have tires that need replacement too. 

You have to remember, Dinan stuff is 50 state legal. My e36 was the same way.

I realized but compared to their new stuff this is tame. 2011 550i we had at concours for a while with just the Dinan mufflers was way louder than a stock F10 M5 exhaust. This doesn't even have any throat under acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realized but compared to their new stuff this is tame. 2011 550i we had at concours for a while with just the Dinan mufflers was way louder than a stock F10 M5 exhaust. This doesn't even have any throat under acceleration. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Age may play a factor in the quality if it has been sitting for some time.  Straight pipe it...

I'll teach ya how to weld for the style 5s!!!

Ehhh I'll have to think long and hard about that. I don't like the winter wheels very much but if I got those style 42s I could sell them. But I'll let you know, won't be till May I can do any of this anyways.  

I realized but compared to their new stuff this is tame. 2011 550i we had at concours for a while with just the Dinan mufflers was way louder than a stock F10 M5 exhaust. This doesn't even have any throat under acceleration. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Age may play a factor in the quality if it has been sitting for some time.  Straight pipe it...

I was planning on just cutting off the muffler for now till I got the money for a legit system. Eventually I would like to get a Eisenmann exhaust, they sound ridiculously good. Here is a video of what it sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5d2cJ_n8m8 The problem is that system cost $1200 so I have a way to go till I can get that. 

I got to see this car in person yesterday, I was honestly surprised at how easy the car was to drift. I guess I just figured the E34 was more of a boat for some reason. 

tumblr_lq7whq8rCP1qckgmgo1_500.gif

I was planning on just cutting off the muffler for now till I got the money for a legit system. Eventually I would like to get a Eisenmann exhaust, they sound ridiculously good. Here is a video of what it sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5d2cJ_n8m8 The problem is that system cost $1200 so I have a way to go till I can get that. 

Wonderful idea ;)