WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

Thanks for the heads up. Still on the fence about where to order from. Wholesale something or other is where I'll most likely go.

As far as shift stuff goes

I was thinking to just order the condor kit with the short knob (?) the uuc evo3 with dssr is like $460. I've been told it's worth it, but idk. Rebuilt stock stuff with Delrin would still be better than nothing I suppose

d07c7562aba7cfbf2e5436101c7c7a31.jpg

I'm not sure what you are running for engine and trans mounts, but I built this floor mount shifter like the AKG one and MAN it's amazing. It's not finished in this picture, but I have a solid brass handle on it now and it's killer.

This is in my daily beater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29ba9e5f1c7318a701126d27b81d9fd3.jpg

It ended up being Sachs stuff (from gripforce)

92283eee09582597f64e7a6d47973988.jpg

Would of had the engine in today. But condor is taking their sweet time shipping parts. Currently awaiting the shift rebuild kit.

Trans fluid was changed, everything is on and torqued.

Interesting thing about the pilot bearing. The one we removed we used a home made puller out of some nuts and bolts. It came out eventually. The kit from gripforce sent two clutch alignment tools and two pilot bearings. The one on the left is what I removed, the one on the right is the one they sent that was smaller. (They also sent a correctly sized one) without paying attention we put in the incorrect pilot bearing (smaller one in the pic) and the puller wouldn't work on it because it was a smaller size. So I busted out two slices of bread, (BMW is super picky about what kind of bread you use in their engine blocks) Had to use split top wheat and remove the crust, Sara Lee is all I'll use for bearing removal, wonder bread is all BS) shoved it into the pilot hole and it popped out, cleaned out the cavity and put in the correct pilot. 5bfeb6032ca3fbeed719239ff8d58b8c.jpg

I'm guessing it's just a general kit that they just throw in the two bearings and allignment tools so they don't have to guess which month/year used whatever size.

That's cool that the kit was Sachs parts, I'll probably buy that next time I need to do a clutch.