WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

Parts should be getting here mid to late next week.

I'll be able to get the s50 sealed up and ready to go.

Still have to order a radiator/hoses, engine mounts, Trans mounts, O2 sensor and some random other crap for the car.

Right now the focus is on getting the motor sealed up & ready

The Ebay/Raceland Headers sound much better after being wrapped. The ones I did look exactly like yours, I hate that you have to wrap the three tubes as one...

Looks Good!

Thanks man

I wrapped 2 from collector to manifold. Then started at end of exhaust, worked my way back to the manifold side going from 3-2-1 tubes.

It is annoying that 3 have to be wrapped but oh well

Things happened over the weekend. Got the valve cover on for good now. Spark plugs are on their way as well.

Got the pan off the s50 with no broken bolts/surprises.

Had the m50 on the hoist, popped the pan and pickup tube off the motor. Robbed the ECS magnetic drain plug for the e34 pan. Realized I never order a damn oil pickup tube gasket.

Ordered one, also ordered trans mounts, engine mounts, power steering delete block/plate, dipstick orings and new PCV piece/hoses. I'll still need to buy some hose that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the intake manifold.

Engine wise I'm pretty sure that's about it right now.

Safety wired the oil pump nut from bimmer world

29536c8ce0ea76399944e4349ae7303b.jpg

The oil pump nut on the m50 was finger loose...the s50 was still good and tight-but added piece of mind is nice.

Cut the tab off for the old pickup tube (so the e34 pan will fit) and cleaned up the windage tray and reinstalled.

Gunk'd the pan and sprayed it white. This will be dirty before the car even has oil in it

66acd344df4338ec05ac0cbfa9007f7f.jpg

I love my UUC/Fidanza flywheel with e34 m5 OE clutch.  It is spendy though.

I was looking into grip force setups on their website. They offer some "packages" with the fidanza flywheel option; or their fx racing single mass flywheels. From what I've read some use re-badged LUK clutches.

Id rather only do this once.

Here's a link to what some dudes on bimmerforums run and like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FX-STAGE-2-RACE-CLUTCH-KIT-14-4-LBS-CHROMOLY-FLYWHEEL-fits-BMW-M3-Z3-E36-S50-S52-/161702586973?vxp=mtr&hash=item25a639aa5d