WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

May I ask why you went m50-s50? No plans of other mods in the future? 

M50 + G250 is pretty high miles (240xxx) or so

S50 + ZF + DME + harness was cheaper than rebuilding an M50, and has almost 80xxx less miles.

I'll slowly add other things to the car as well. Suspension stuffs and such.

It's pretty much plug and play for some extra hp/torque and still cheaper than pouring money into a leaky m50

And it's something to keep me busy

So in my efforts to swop. I also want to clean up as much stuff within the bay as possible.

I am torn on running heat or not I will be passing the TB.

Still on the fence with PS too.

The evap/charcoal canister can thing I would also like to ditch. Assuming this would be as simple as venting to atmosphere? There is also a connector that goes from the TB to the top of this (purge valve?) assuming that would still need to be plugged into the harness otherwise it will throw a cel?

c82c682a49dcfee34f14a0e64538e190.jpg

The line with the red tape is the line coming from the gas tank. Other line with harness plug goes to TB

Removable core support was the best decision in my life (a close second was Mac sauce on a mcchicken. -no lettuce because I'm not a damn rabbit)

This is one greasy bitch.

Good news is my car protected itself from rusting any worse than it already was by neatly spreading oil everywhere.

Anyhow. This will chill on some tires until it finds a new home.

defae9a0b7bd7573ab1ea3287224a248.jpg505569baa9d34f36ebf88b58266fd0a6.jpg222949be9967b6e2ef6077c72b4859a1.jpg

Super glad I picked up bottlecaps from Drleadballs on the cheap.

The hoist was too tall to fit under the rack.

I didn't want to put the car on jackstands.

So substitute bottlecaps (a close third behind Mac sauce on a mcchicken, maybe even a tie?)

eb3c40b830ca5cdc40408ea995eb8573.jpg

That's about it for now. Gonna clean the bejesus out of everything. And then maybe get around to ordering parts for the s50.

Trans is clean enough for me.

I do give earl props for the tooth brush. I used a wire brush for 14 seconds and gave up. Sprayed it with gunk and pressure washed it instead. 70d8a043087b149a309696fbf6392e51.jpg

Then rolled the car outside, gunked it & pressure washed it. Rolled it inside, cleaned some more and then temporarily hit it with flat black (I believe the PO had satin/semi gloss) I may try to go back to that. Not sure

It's no gunmetalgray bay, but I'm okay with it :P

e555445e395c44f28b0422802807c07b.jpg