WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

Ideally, you should have had the manager come out to look at it when it happened. But done is done.

If the manager is stand up the response is no charge for the alignment at a minimum. Free next alignment(s) as next step up, cover cost of fender repair would be next level but unlikely since he didn't see it pre/post. Should be interesting tomorrow.

Fwiw I'm always sitting in the driver's seat in my e30s when getting an alignment for weight balance of the car on the suspension, and as a result the one turning the wheel. Turn also typically isn't lock to lock just to the parameters showing on the computer monitor. Never had a fender damaged.

Well went back to the shop today. Talked with the owner/manager. He said that I can take it to a body shop of my choice and he will pay for it. I stayed super calm, he stayed super calm. We both shook hands.

Immediately after I drove to an auto body place (he ended up recommending one to me) and they are working up a quote for me as I type this.

Hooray for fixing things

Nice to hear that the shop manager is willing to make things right.

Take it to the most expensive repair shop you know. Have them quote both fenders. Then get a check from Mr. Store Manager. Go to a more affordable place and have them respray the whole car. You should be able to get away with it for just a little money out of your own pocket.

:P

Glad to hear this worked out!  Going into the situation with a cool head is always the easiest way to handle it.  I can tell you, I am more inclined to work with someone when they are calm and civil than if they are flying off the handle.  It's natural for people to become defensive when they are approached with aggression.  Accidents happen, that's why insurance companies exist.

Drove the car to west bend and back this weekend to visit some friends. Car did awesome there and back. Cruises quite nicely @80ish and more if needed. Since I got it back on all four tires I've probably put 700-800 miles on it in less that a week. It's so much better to drive. I am still on the hunt for 16x8s. So if you guys have suggestions that aren't 900lbs a corner I'm all ears.

I raised the front of the car up a tad for the trip down so I didn't smash anything. It's settled now and I'm actually happy with how it looks.

16a9ea761a5b324aa934db462f714b6a.jpgf402ab5712006b42eab730b54f41ea01.jpgbc3e6d96542d8e4524ebed2e8fd505e5.jpgb0c5f606608c44aaf29bdbdbedcf6db9.jpg

Random pics of where the skidplate was and now is and the engine bay because why not.

If you have a swapped e30 and don't run a skidplate have fun convincing your bros how cool it is to break oil pans

So let Brooke borrow the car so she could take it to another autobody shop to get an estimate. She calls me from the place saying my car isn't running right. (Awesome) leave work early. Bomb over there on motorcycle. Check everything. Finally start up car. It's a lopey ass idle with some large hissing noises. Unplugged MAF and TPS while running (CEL then came on)

Pushed on the ICV hoses and hissing got louder. Limp it home. Take off ICV and hoses to find these "OEM" replacement hoses after 3500 miles in this condition

2585fd8dad13c252d57fa1883149ef93.jpg952383b9ef577872a38cd1a6339152a4.jpgcaa268e887d4af3e06b9025ba68b52a6.jpge10dfe42b8723b66b575e55b65b2d09c.jpg

Auto X this Sunday. Great timing, amirite?