WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

2 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

I had one brand new oem fender. And my passenger side was in good shape, just needed paint and a dent pulled.

I called today and they said I can bring them back in. Conveniently they are only open when I work. So it'll probably be another week before I can get them back

That sucks... I have to say, you've had some shitty luck lately. Hope they make things right!

I had one brand new oem fender. And my passenger side was in good shape, just needed paint and a dent pulled.

I called today and they said I can bring them back in. Conveniently they are only open when I work. So it'll probably be another week before I can get them back

That sucks... I have to say, you've had some shitty luck lately. Hope they make things right!

Yeah dude- not the best luck it seems lol. I called and talked to them, they told me to bring them back as soon as I could. It sounds like they will make it right, or worse idk

• 2 weeks later...

After going back and forth with this body shop 3 times (they repainted it again and again) I finally got my fenders back. The black on the bottom of the fender was not painted high enough (it's about 1/4" low) but I am just absolutely done with fucking around with this place. I'm just going to get some truck bed liner and fix it myself. Also when I was installing the drivers side fender the clear cracked where it ran and bunched up under neath the headlight where the fender attaches to the valence. You should be able to twist the painted surface a decent amount before cracking occurs. But not when they use shit clear and shoot thin coats to save money. This winter I want to start fixing some body rust on my car and get it more respectable looking as right now I'm one more rust spot away from drift missle status. Plus it will be a good chance to learn some body work. After fixing the rust and crap I may eventually wrap the car because I'm so sick of fucking paint

• 1 month later...

I need to buy tires. I was thinking Bridgestone RE71r. I have heard good things. My 5(?) year old nittos with 3 auto crosses on them and unknown mileage and 4 winters are dead. Just looking for a good auto cross tire that can pull some occasional street use as well. (Don't drive my car much). If anyone has input for 205/50-15s I'm all ears. FWIW I've driven hankook rs3's & they were good (on a Miata) but they don't offer a 205/50 as far as I know?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 0:47 PM, GunMetalGrey said:

I have been quite happy with the Direzza z2's thus far, but I haven't put my front ones on yet. 
Buy sticky tires, be happy.
15's are funny and I don't know sizing options for them. 

I have a second hand set of these on my beater ix. They're really nice grip wise, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they make them with a flat spot on them. I guess with the m20 having been design for back up generators on the dolphin-class nuclear submarines the low speed rattles help people hear me coming. 

On a side note, anyone know how to diagnose an abs light??