WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official Sighting Thread

alexw

Drove along a blacked out e60 m5 with exhaust on I94 between hwy 100 and Mooreland this evening. Owner was driving like a complete asshat in rush hour traffic in the snow. I would assume the array of warning lights on the dash just meant all driving aids were off. I will say it did sound quite well. Didn't take any pictures because dark and snow. That's all.

13 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

question: why the F did BMW put the 3rd brake light on the truck lip on the 1 series. looks so much like an afterthought. the rear window would have been perfectly fine.

They put it in the back of the trunk lid on e36 verts as well

21 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

question: why the F did BMW put the 3rd brake light on the truck lip on the 1 series. looks so much like an afterthought. the rear window would have been perfectly fine.

not to mention it was so prone to cracking in the trunk lip that there was a TSB put out for replacing the 3rd brake light in these cars. I had to fight with Concours to cover 95% of the bill. I paid 5% because my trunk was aftermarket, lol. 

2 minutes ago, wasnt m3 said:

I'm guessing that is your e36..been seeing driving down hwy 100 recently through Hales Corners. 

Yeah, that's us.  It's my wife's car.  It's got a CF hood and black spoked wheels, so it tends to stand out.  She and the kid do running around there a lot.  

Big Red, the e34, is me.  Gimme a beep beep if you see either of us.  It gives us a cheap thrill.