WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a teenaged classic car enthusiast... at least as far as petrolicious is concerned. I'd like to drive at least 7 or 8 of the cars on this list...

http://petrolicious.com/these-are-the-top-ten-classic-cars-for-the-teen-enthusiast

...or maybe I'm just a hovering-around-the-poverty-line classic car enthusiast. 10 grand still seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a car to me :lol:

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that article has never actually owned an OG Saab 900. Yes they are cool cars but holy crap is finding parts difficult and expensive. I sold the car because it took me a month to track down an ABS accumulator and I paid a 300% markup on it because it was the second last one in the country. 

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that article has never actually owned an OG Saab 900. Yes they are cool cars but holy crap is finding parts difficult and expensive. I sold the car because it took me a month to track down an ABS accumulator and I paid a 300% markup on it because it was the second last one in the country. 

ABS-delete parts are inexpensive and readly available. :D

I hear ya though... 

Was watching an SCCA showroom stock race from 1980-ish recently. Saabs were surprisingly competative against Datsuns and Porsches...

4 minutes ago, HipMF said:

ABS-delete parts are inexpensive and readly available. :D

I hear ya though... 

Was watching an SCCA showroom stock race from 1980-ish recently. Saabs were surprisingly competative against Datsuns and Porsches...

I wish I could've because it would've made so many things easier haha, I bought the car in PA and was planning on selling it there before I came back to WI so it needed to be able to pass the state inspection. It is definitely a surprisingly fun car to drive, had a home brew exhaust that had tons of crackles and pops and sounded like a rally car. We are really lucky BMW has kept so many things available for our cars!

If any of you ever end out in Phoenix and are heading back east, take State Route 60. Gorgeous drive through the mountains, over on the right you can see the switch backs from going down to the bottom and back. Once you get into New Mexico it's really scenic too and plenty of desolate straight aways for triple digit runs.image.jpeg

Working on a BMW tonight, not mine though. A guy from work has a 79 633 that has been on jack stands for 10 years. Pulling the engine to do fresh gaskets and check everything out. Unbelievably minty car. It supposedly had work done on it by Alpina. High compression, worked over head with a hotter cam that was all done when it was new. We will see.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk