WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Just now, B C said:

The current gen of F-150 drives so well. Amazing truck

My dad has a '16 5.0 and i've spent a lot of time driving it and it's great.  I've spent time with it in downtown Chicago and it doesn't feel it's size.  I like them.

I'm looking at this one on Thursday on my way back from Chicago.  I've already negotiated a price so hopefully it looks as it should and I buy it.

https://www.boucherfordmenomoneefalls.com/used-Menomonee+Falls-2018-Ford-F+150-XLT-1FTEW1EP9JKC19917

5 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

My dad has a '16 5.0 and i've spent a lot of time driving it and it's great.  I've spent time with it in downtown Chicago and it doesn't feel it's size.  I like them.

I'm looking at this one on Thursday on my way back from Chicago.  I've already negotiated a price so hopefully it looks as it should and I buy it.

https://www.boucherfordmenomoneefalls.com/used-Menomonee+Falls-2018-Ford-F+150-XLT-1FTEW1EP9JKC19917

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/d/eau-claire-the-ultimate-f-svt-raptor/6952168858.html

2 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Who wants a dull old truck when you can buy a "Sports Truck" There is a reason we all have a BMW. We want a "Sports Car"

I drive an M3 because I wanted a semi practical summer sports car, I will drive a truck because I want a truck.

12 hours ago, Jdesign said:

I agree, why waste you time with an F150 when you can get a raptor for the same price?  On top of that, you know damn well it will hold its value unlike the F150.

@patsbimmer1  

As much as I would drive a raptor it's less practical than an F-150 for a company vehicle.  That and it has to be within 4 model years to qualify for the allowance from work.

Congrats on the new job!

I do enjoy the Raptors.  I was very close to replacing my Gen1 with an F250.  Wife won out and I now have a '17 Gen2.  They are fun trucks, but nothing really more than a cool looking F150 (which are pretty cool looking in their own right).

There are constant rumors about putting the Mustang V8 into the raptor, if and only if that happens will Gen2 raptos really take a resale tumble.  It's stupid how well they retain their value.

7 hours ago, REKIII said:

Congrats on the new job!

I do enjoy the Raptors.  I was very close to replacing my Gen1 with an F250.  Wife won out and I now have a '17 Gen2.  They are fun trucks, but nothing really more than a cool looking F150 (which are pretty cool looking in their own right).

There are constant rumors about putting the Mustang V8 into the raptor, if and only if that happens will Gen2 raptos really take a resale tumble.  It's stupid how well they retain their value.

4 hours ago, Boris3 said:

Congrats on the new gig!

I've been impressed with my 2012 f150 xlt with the 5.0. Granted I'm coming from an 03 Tundra. Tows great, comfortable, and better mileage. 

Thanks guys!  So I pulled the trigger on the blue XLT today and I'm picking it up tomorrow.  It's a 2.7 Ecoboost which is all I really need for what I tow.  It's got everything I wanted in a truck other than the tailgate step ladder but I suppose my knees can hold out for a bit longer and I'll roll my fat ass in the bed.  Funny thing about the raptor is my wife is 100% on board and says it's the only truck she'd drive but the practicality just isn't there for me to drive one every day.  Maybe her next vehicle...

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Thanks guys!  So I pulled the trigger on the blue XLT today and I'm picking it up tomorrow.  It's a 2.7 Ecoboost which is all I really need for what I tow.  It's got everything I wanted in a truck other than the tailgate step ladder but I suppose my knees can hold out for a bit longer and I'll roll my fat ass in the bed.  Funny thing about the raptor is my wife is 100% on board and says it's the only truck she'd drive but the practicality just isn't there for me to drive one every day.  Maybe her next vehicle...

When has practicality ever been on the top of our list?

I'm just giving you a hard time. Congrats on the new truck. Post up a pic!

So I bought that truck on Thursday and put about 200 miles on it Friday for work.  I like it a lot!  The navigation is really intuitive but I'll probably use the Android auto or Apple carplay most of the time.  The 2.7 got about 24mpg and I'm hoping to average 20-22 mpg with this thing.  I'm happy with the purchase so far but did cry a little bit when I pulled up to a customer and he had a brand new Raptor supercrew in the same color as my truck sitting outside the shop with a 2" leveling kit and brand new Nitto ridgegrapplers.  Someday...

IMG_20190831_110410.jpg

On 8/31/2019 at 12:54 PM, patsbimmer1 said:

So I bought that truck on Thursday and put about 200 miles on it Friday for work.  I like it a lot!  The navigation is really intuitive but I'll probably use the Android auto or Apple carplay most of the time.  The 2.7 got about 24mpg and I'm hoping to average 20-22 mpg with this thing.  I'm happy with the purchase so far but did cry a little bit when I pulled up to a customer and he had a brand new Raptor supercrew in the same color as my truck sitting outside the shop with a 2" leveling kit and brand new Nitto ridgegrapplers.  Someday...

Very nice!  Great color!!

Don't cry too much about the Raptor.  If he did in fact put a 2" leveling kit, all of us other Raptor owners will laugh at him.  That is NOT how you lift or modify a Raptor.