GunMetalGrey

• 1 month later...

IMG_20151226_215155553

IMG_20151226_215203125

Did some more things. Made a snorkel.
Replaced the guibo and CSB

IMG_20151221_162943668_HDR

IMG_20151221_163001899

Did some weird stuff with the fuel system. There was a fuel leak on the top of the tank, so I ran two soft lines across the top of the tank and over to where the external fuel pump used to be (which I had removed at that point) and ran hardlines through the trans tunnel instead of using the factory hard lines. The goal behind this is to not be able to puncture or kink a fuel line if I high center the chassis. I also swapped it over to a single in tank fuel pump to avoid bashing the external pump. There will be reinforcement added to the underside, as well as skid pads. 

Decided to do something odd with the exhaust, since I cut out the spare tire well I have a lot of room in the back, and am going with a centered exhaust. This keeps the muffler up very high and looks kinda cool. I may end up putting the piece I cut out back in and just punch two holes through the rear skirt and just have the two pipes flush with the skirt. We shall see on that one.

IMG_20151222_201020081

This thing is hilarious, I lifted the car up as high as the jack would go (36" jack) and put stands under it. The tires are still quite close to the ground, I need to make some limit straps for the rear.

As far as the other e30 goes I am just waiting to get the block and head back from the machine shop!

22 hours ago, HipMF said:

Everyone tell Ben to not worry about his surging idle and take the E to an ice rallycross this weekend.

I'll take video.

Or he can come to my house and start taking parts off my extra ETA e30. I replaced the intake AFM IAC etc, as I had a surging idle before. 

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! 

Dooooo it!

The biggest problem is the fact that it's not just the idle that surges. It's the driving as well. I drove it around and never touched the gas. That isn't optimal for ice racing. I do have a welded diff for it now.....
I do need to do the rear main seal badly, it has started to leak quite a lot. 
I don't think this weekend will happen. 

1 minute ago, straight6pwr said:

hadnt seen this since you got 4x4 status, looks awesome!  can't think of a car I'd want more for winter driving, besides maybe an IX setup the same way.

Thanks! It is most certainly amusing.
I have heard a lot of people mention the IX, but I don't know how well the front CV's would handle what I have done to it. I could be wrong though!