WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 328ci

Guest 328ci

Guest 328ci

Hello all, this is my E46 2000 328ci. I've had the car for close to a year now and I love it. The car has been great for daily purposes, I look forward to driving my car to work or to school. I Bought the car from an older gentleman in De pere. He was the original owner of this car and has enthusiast owned more than 10 BMW's ranging from 1600's and 2002's to this E46 being his most recent. I am really glad that I'll be able to continue to take care of this car like he did for many years to come. I do enjoy the stock look of the car, but it isn't enough for me. So the mods that will and have been done to this car are just to give it a little more flare, nothing major.

Pictures are more enjoyable than text, so I'll continue through that.

First day home

wlClSxx.jpg

Some might not be a fan of the tan on black but I actually really like it.

YHwlDOW.jpg

Front license plate holder has been removed

zsXE4RS.jpg

First "mod" was frenched headlights.

dvuWmQ8.jpg

8vw9RhF.jpg

wX8PPbY.jpg

My plastic coverings are really beat up from a lot of highway miles, but they do look good still

A fellow member (Suspenceful) on here graciously took some pictures

1iRhnDs.jpg

310Hm6B.jpg

Red tails

8PsvyqE.jpg

GQubQAI.jpg

Black kidneys

osEi7u3.jpg

Black trim

JAgYfeU.jpg

Clear corners must have come at this point. As well as clear bumper reflectors and side turn indicators

hogwZ9E.jpg

This guy, lol

kS7xceU.jpg

Pretty sure this car is floating around here

SSzy5GD.jpg

Guest 328ci

continued:

Random pictures

1Wm1oFi.jpg

m6Ug5n0.jpg

Test fitting Jake's old wheels

HlHpM0L.jpg

Cooling system overhaul. In typical me fashion, I broke something. Fixed it and the car has been fine ever since

DopRoWH.jpg

At Le Mans at Road America (I love that place). Lots of nice BMW's there

vJRFGfH.jpg

Two fern green M3's, thats odd

yPPfcAN.jpg

Finally something interesting, new wheels. 18 x 8.5 et 30, 18 x 9.5 et 35

dByJWbr.jpg

Rears, dat lip

4MN7bLt.jpg

Test fit

U5ou3uG.jpg

93XNrkm.jpg

Thats on stock suspension

And with the help of GunMetalGrey, got angel eyes installed

eCVZ1Q6.jpg

They look great.

Guest 328ci

The frenched high beams look real good

What part of the state do you live in?  There is a severe lack of newer subdivisions anywhere within 20 miles of Milwaukee and seeing a nice new neighborhood is strange for me. 

Thanks guys

I live in the Appleton area

Guest 328ci

Looks great!  I 'm pretty sure I saw your car at Road America last summer!  Are you going for the TUDOR series this year?

I will be going to the TUDOR series, sad that there wont be Le Mans anymore. Also will be trying to go to the june sprints. Always go to the vintage parade

Guest 328ci

When was that picture from? Lol. Looking forward to this! Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I think in Jake's garage at some point

Thank you for the kind words everyone. 

I apologize for the cell phone pictures, I have no idea where my memory car for my T3i is, kind of pissed about that. The HTC one takes alright pictures, but they really fucked it up with trying to be different with "ultrapixels" pictures are average at best. End rant, but some more pictures

Test fit the front wheel

lZZi22J.jpg

tObXZJ2.jpg

Seeing as it was so nice outside, I figured why not throw the rear on for full effect?

tDBfsUs.jpg

Not bad, 4x4 status for sure. Have to decide what route I am going to go for suspension still

Its going to be herrafrush

y36VNKU.jpg

Also, went back to amber turns on the front. Mainly because I cam back from school the other day and my mom told me my "turn signal was hanging out of my car", what? Go out and look, my left turn signal is gone lol I really dont care though because I wasnt really feeling the clear anymore, kind of like the amber too.

Guest 328ci

Ambers look better IMO. You've got plenty of room to play with there, you probably won't even need to roll your fenders once lowered.

Get some tires and put those bitches on.

Beginning the saving process. If you know of anyone that wants their car detailed, let me know lol only way I am going to be able to fund this

Guest 328ci

What do you guys think about me going back to chrome kidney grills? Looking at some older pictures and seeing the chrome, I kind of like the look of it more. I'm thinking about painting them with a gloss black look instead of the flat black to give it a try before I look for chrome

Guest 328ci

Yeah I am going to paint them gloss black. Probably do that this weekend. I agree, I just didnt like the clear's anymore, I am probably going to stick with amber but am considering getting smoked. Just have so much to pay for already, dont really have money for them at the time. I'll work on the details after tires/coils

Just ordered a new memory card for camera, will update will better pictures

Guest 328ci

Not much of an update, but im in the middle of studying and found my self thinking about my car.

The plan for this summer is to buy lowering springs (Eibach) and get tires for the wheels. Depending how much extra cash I make I may do some other things.

Once the summer is over I'm either going to swap back to OE suspension for the winter or leave them on. The plan is to save money over the course of the winter up until summer where hopefully I'll have accumulated enough money for ST coils or KW V1's. I expect to drive this car for the rest of college and more than likely years to come after that (or until I'm financially ready to upgrade) so investing in a nice set of coil overs seems like the right choice.

Also, should be getting a set of OEM clear top tail lights from a fellow wisconsin e46'er with in the next week or two.

I'll take some nice pictures this weekend when I go home seeing as I got my new memory card and wide angle

Guest 328ci

Small update

I ordered some maintenance stuff. I really enjoy doing maintenance on the car, so I'm looking forward to this stuff coming in

sZlgdW9.png

And heres some bad pictures that I took really quick on saturday

Kqu5bMH.jpg

kY33s00.jpg

Also, getting close to purchasing tires and springs