WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 328ci

Guest 328ci

Guest 328ci

I'm assuming these are the original plugs, but will find out soon enough. I was actually gonna ask you if you wanted to come over when I did some of this stuff. Seeing as you're well versed in opening m5x motors. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 328ci

Did the VCG and spark plugs this weekend. This was my first time doing either of these things to a car, had Ben and zach come over for awhile. It was nice to have the guidance as I had never done this before and the helping hand, also got my first ride/drive in an e28 after an impromtu chinese fire drill at a red light lol Finished the job and the car ran great. I did notice I had a SES light on, turned out it had been on from a couple days prior when my dad was driving the car. Got the code read and it was a small evap leak (P0442). Did some researching and the gas cap is the likely (and the cheapest) culprit, so I ordered one from ECS Tuning and it should be here this weekend. I bought paint to do my grills but I didnt get around to it, possibly this weekend. Here are random pictures:

14065796842_d8d473005f_b.jpgNeeds wheels by durty30, on Flickr

And a bad picture with the valve cover off (was more concerned about just finishing the job). It looked pretty good though

14064319772_4f40ed44bc_c.jpgPoor focus, Poor light by durty30, on Flickr

Guest 328ci

Ill probably just pick up some color matched paint and paint them myself. Paint in an aerosol is less than 15 bucks and I like doing things myself. Hopefully I dont destroy these trying to take them out like my ambers...lol

Guest 328ci

Get some smoke blinkers and side markers and get those kidneys flat black again. This will change the look of the whole car

Im thinking smoked at some point. Maybe after tires and springs.

I really like the gloss black!

Thank you, havent looked at it in person enough to know how I feel about them.

Guest 328ci

As I wait for the funds to accumulate for tires and springs (which should hopefully be soon with a handful of details lined up) I have been pondering some other small mods I plan on doing. Vinyl wrapping the interior is one of them. I think the wood trim in the e46 is nice, I just want something different. I have narrowed it down to two options:

Gloss black or Brushed black

Gloss black

30sdb3s.jpg

mwzm1u.jpg

d763c.jpg

15qu2ad.jpg

or 

Brushed black

2nlrcbt.jpg

nqby9j.jpg

mrws5t.jpg

I think im leaning more towards the gloss black as of now. I think its a good neutral color. The brushed black just needs to be dark enough. I dont want it to look like my stainless steel fridge.

This stuff is cheap so I might just order a roll and do it since I'm gonna be done with school soon and itchin for some projects to do

Guest 328ci

I have oem metallic black trim in my e46 with tan interior. I really like the contrast. Couldn't stand the wood trim.

20140329_171245_zpszimhbdnt.jpg

This is exactly what I am aiming for. I want something that will look nice between the two colors. Do you happen to have anymore pictures of the interior showing the trim? There is a "metallic black" vinyl wrap that I could go with.

Thank you

I appreciate other giving their opinion, but I think the brushed black looks best between two shades of black, as opposed to black and beige in my car

Guest 328ci

I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow. It's hard to see the metallic in any of the pictures I have.

Is it obvious that its metallic?

Does it look like this?

noyiom.jpg