WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 328ci

Guest 328ci

Guest 328ci

The gloss reminds me of a piano finish which I really like.  The brushed is nice to but I prefer the gloss on your car.

Yeah I saw a set of piano black trim and really wanted it because I knew it would look good in my car, so this wrap is the closet thing to it with out paying $$$ for OEM. Thinking either gloss black or gloss black metallic at this point

Guest 328ci

Got the tires mounted and balanced today, had to put one on to get the feel

2iicvte.jpg

2ni45yb.jpg

sorry for the terrible cell phone pictures. left my camera at my grandparents house and been so busy that i didnt take the time to get it

Ive been tossing around the idea of coils over springs the last couple of days, and now after putting the wheel on in the rear I dont know if I really need to. Im trying to stay pretty functional and not have to do any serious modification, so if the rear was like an inch lower, Id probably be fine with that. Who knows though, Ive got a lot of research to do still

Guest 328ci

Looks great!  

I would definitely go with a coilover.  You would be surprised how "functional" they are on a day to day basis.  I had the same concerns before I put mine on and I don't regret a day of it!

I also suggest coilovers versus lowering springs

Yeah, the price for new springs + shocks/struts would equal out to the amount of coilovers for the most part so thats what im going to try and go for

looking good man! Glad the tires worked out for ya!

Thanks again dude!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 328ci

i78n0o.jpg

No, it doesnt have anything to do with the Dacia Sandero. I did however get front rubber and get them mounted on the wheels.

225/40/18 Sumitomo HTR ZIII for the fronts

255/35/18 Falken 452's for the rear

The combination of both of these tires rides great. I cant tell a difference between these and wheels I had on prior. Not loud at all and definitely more responsive, Ive never had performance tires before.

Upon getting the wheels on, I immediately had mixed emotions. I was excited to finally get these on my car, but was instantly disappointed by how much fender gap I have in the front. I knew it was going to be like that, I just couldnt visualize what it would actually look like. The rear fitment Im alright with, maybe an inch or so between tire and fender, but the front is much greater and is very distracting for me. At times I just want to take the wheels off because it bothers me THAT much, but Im gonna leave them on because they look alright.

The tires came while I was at work so I had my brother drive them out to me so I could get them put on immediately.

The new rubber

VntnDmdl.jpg

Getting them mounted and balanced. Working at bergstrom has its perks, like free mounting and balancing

TZ0EHx7.jpg

oH0EyWv.jpg

First pick off the lift

PzkDlFW.jpg

And why im disappointed

4PqnN6d.jpg

Here are a couple decent pictures

14155852067_6caeaa905c_b.jpgIMG_2114 by durty30, on Flickr

14155854687_069ba63ff6_b.jpgIMG_2110 by durty30, on Flickr

I have to do the bushings next, but after that I might look for a set of used lowering springs

^I think? It all depends what your goal is, if you want to be slammed go for it. If you want a performance ride they may not be the best choice. I have very little fender gap, but I am not tucking either.

This is all I could find for a quick pic

BEFOREPICSWINTER13_14003_zps5f39a0a3.jpg

But first,,, let me find a quick pic!!!