WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E46 328ci

Guest 328ci

Guest 328ci

And wait a minute... Smoked corners on a car from the same dood that was knocking mine??? Couldn't say I told ya it'd look great!

Theres a difference between buying smoked corners and using night shade like a ricer

Theres a difference between buying smoked corners and using night shade like a ricer

Ok... Yes I used nightshades on my tails but I had smoked fronts that I purchased and easy on the ricer thing... That kinda stings man

Come to my house and lets cut your springs...

:)

Ain't nothing wrong wit dat!

Guest 328ci

Thanks for your purchase supporting the site! It was shipped out this morning, forgot to mark that in the store though. Can't wait to see pics of it installed :)

For 6 bucks it was hard to say no. Im a sucker for stickers, BMW's, and Wisconsin. So naturally, I had to buy it.

Guest 328ci

Requesting write up of sticker install. Maybe Chris will sticky it. . .

I'll make it as detailed as possible

srs

Heres some pictures because there's been a lot of text lately

Detailing the boat, thought it looked good from this angle

BAw3uNH.jpg

Have to represent my favorite place to be in the entire world

SUdctxW.jpg

And finally got to drive an R8. Just so happened to be the V10+ version as well ;) and oh my lord did that thing sound fucking good

Uu1cuQ9.jpg

Guest 328ci

More things came. Put things in. Much Better

14229414569_b7bbf334e4_b.jpgMuch better by durty30, on Flickr

Wanted to put it on a window, but I already have two stickers and it would have been crowded and messy looking. Next best spot

14392934846_41cc8ba580_b.jpgWI BIMMERS by durty30, on Flickr

Just ordered some gloss black vinyl wrap. Was only 25 bucks for a 5 x 2 sheet so why not

Guest 328ci

Friendly photo tip:

Lightroom > Lens Corrections > Color > Remove Chromatic Abberation

Smoked corners look much better.

I used to do it on every picture but I never saw that it did anything, so I stopped. Will do from now on

I used to do it on every picture but I never saw that it did anything, so I stopped. Will do from now on

Some pictures don't need it, but the one above needs it bad. You can play with the sliders til it looks good.

I couldn't help but to snap a picture while your car was all wet today.

14410572976_a395ec1252_z.jpg

Eric's 328ci E46 by Jake Spence Photography, on Flickr

Guest 328ci

Not sure why, but I decided I was gonna wrap my trim tonight. I can barely wrap a present myself so I was heading into uncharted territory with this DIY. Picked up some plastic trim tools after work and headed home. Did the biggest, straightest piece first. It went surprisingly well for my first time ever doing this. No bubbles, corners nice and sharp. The next two trim pieces I did have to do over because of some minor bubbling, but I would rather get it right than have it bother me. Not pictured below is the shifter trim, which I also did tonight. I apologize for the bad pictures, was just quickly taking some.

The first piece (my first attempt)

pIl6rHcl.jpg

All of the trim

4HM5Mk4l.jpg

KoTdANFl.jpg

The flash makes the picture look horrible, but really shows the trim in the car. Ill get a better picture tomorrow when its not night time and with terrible garage lighting,

h7xilzvl.jpg

Just have to do the front and rear arm rests

I do not regret picking gloss black over the fake carbon fiber at all. I personally think the fake CF looks tacky, the gloss black is very subtle and OEM looking, exactly what I wanted

Guest 328ci

I appreciate the kind words. Its just not how I want my car to look, and not being in a financially fit position to make it so bothers me (I probably could make it how I want but my dad is already upset about how much money I've spent this year on it, will see what happens).

@snap, there are very few angles that this car looks good from right now. The main one being in person. I know thats a lame excuse, but the perspective in the pictures really exploits how bad the stance is. In person, it looks better (as lame as that sounds).

14468974184_ef77b5d2d7_b.jpgIMG_2162 by durty30, on Flickr

Guest 328ci

Car looks very good. And I couldn't resist. 6u2ahyha.jpgaberate8.jpg

lol

I would replace it with a dynavin if it wasnt $600. It does an alright job, but I definitely can see why people hate it

And I would replace it with an aftermarket deck if they didnt look absolutely hideous in these cars. I've never seen one framed properly to make it look OEM.