WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Jake's Epic BMW 135i Build Thread! (5+ Years of Ownership)

suspenceful

he secretly wishes his n55 could do that

my N55 makes a loud boom and shoots a giant fireball out the exhaust when I shift at WOT.  I win. 

Hahaha this whole pop thing actually started when somebody on e90 post wanted their n54 to pop like the n55 with the ppk. Then one of the tooners cranked it up to ricer level and made it sound like a popcorn maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i mean, he looked kinda big like he has 100 pounds on you, and his car is a bit heavier, but there is no way he's making 600 hp. That would be 100 hp more than you and 200 pounds of weight difference isn't enough to compensate for that much of a difference in power on cars that have identical motor, transmission, gearing, etc. 

His car is either tuned like shit or he started in the wrong gear, or he doesn't truly have upgraded turbos. Or he has some stupid sound system in his car weighing him down even more. 

I'm sure he was pissed. His facial expression was one of pure frustration. Like JaRule  in Fast and Furious "NOOOOOOOOOO! MONICAAAAAA!" 

17 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

i mean, he looked kinda big like he has 100 pounds on you, and his car is a bit heavier, but there is no way he's making 600 hp. That would be 100 hp more than you and 200 pounds of weight difference isn't enough to compensate for that much of a difference in power on cars that have identical motor, transmission, gearing, etc. 

His car is either tuned like shit or he started in the wrong gear, or he doesn't truly have upgraded turbos. Or he has some stupid sound system in his car weighing him down even more. 

I'm sure he was pissed. His facial expression was one of pure frustration. Like JaRule  in Fast and Furious "NOOOOOOOOOO! MONICAAAAAA!" 

Lol. I know the guy pretty well. We've raced many times, before and after a lot of different mods. It was just funny because he was really running his mouth ever since I went balls out on my stock turbos.

He has upgraded turbos. He has a solid tune (I've seen a few logs). No sound system. We're both good drivers. His car is set up really well actually. He isn't at 600whp, but the car is capable of it with more boost. It should be at 500whp+ right now with his fuel and boost though. He's got headroom where I'm maxed out.

The initial video was the best in my opinion. We booth floored it at the same time and it was just the most fair, even race. I have a few more videos of runs though. Here's one where he brake boosted (I didn't, big difference) and then I reeled him in.

And here's our first race where he started in 3rd at 40mph. I was in 2nd. There was no way he'd catch me.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

That z4 sounded nutty

Where do you find all these somewhat heavilyish modified cars to race.

It's one of the best sounding cars I've ever heard in person. Not sure why, but it sounds fantastic at all throttle levels.

I started a private group on Facebook for fast street cars only. If it doesn't run 12's or better (usually 400-500whp+), you don't get access. We have about 80 members that are always down for "cruising".

9 hours ago, The Full Banana said:

Oh hey, it's Brian's LQ4-swapped Volvo 242. Small world. 

Yup, he's a good friend of mine. I'm still blown away every time I see his car. His black turbo Volvo is pretty hilarious as well.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Things that are different since my last post:

• Windshield cracked and has since been replaced. Safelite managed to screw something up because the rain sensing wipers don't work anymore.
  • My passenger window made a loud popping noise and dropped to the bottom of the door. I'm assuming it's the regulator, so I ordered a new one that should be here today. I'll be taking the door panel off after work and hopefully fixing it.
  • The plastic housing on my water pump cracked. Slow coolant leak turned into faster coolant leak. It only had about 30k on it, but I ponied up the cash and replaced it again with another new thermostat. I'll probably seal the crack and sell it online because it functions perfectly fine.
  • I'm registered and paid up for two days in Rantoul, IL at the NoFlyZone 1/2 mile roll racing event... again. Can't wait to go back with my friends racing this time.
  • Still beating up n00bs from a 60 roll.

28560967353_6c3ebbe1d3_c.jpg

29095812492_91f94ea7d8_c.jpg

I'm the camera car in the video below. My buddy's automatic twin turbo 6.0L G8 GT on 7psi with bolt ons, cam, E85 in the middle. My other friend's manual 335i in the far lane with upgraded RR600 turbos at 21psi, bolt ons, inlets, outlets, E60 fuel.

40mph-140mph.

This is a different 335i and he is the camera car. He's automatic running 20psi, bolt ons, Wedge tune with E60 fuel. I'm running 22psi with the mods listed in my signature.

55mph-135mph.

Thanks guys. Camera technology has definitely come a long way. The most noticeable difference is the reduced grain in low-light situations. But most of what you're 'awed' by here is what's done behind the scenes (post processing, some lighting). You could grab my camera and take some good quality pictures, but what you see here isn't straight out of the camera.

Anyways, putting that window regulator in last night was one of the biggest pain in the asses ever. Took about 3 hours total, but it's done. Managed to fuck up my window tint as well. There is a T20 bolt head on the front side that apparently isn't even a bolt. It's the nut part. Found that out after breaking a torx bit trying to loosen it. So, the glass had to be removed by loosing the clip from the rear side. It was a gear/sprocket type of head and the recommended removal procedure was a hammer and screwdriver. Long story short, a lot of cuss words were involved and I hope I never have to do it again.

Here is another picture of a smokey burnout to make things better.

29169039106_f71b93130c_c.jpg