WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WIBIMMERS SNO◊DRIFT 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD

rampelsauce

We will not be using the WAG course, as stated previously, because they decided that we could not run a more free form event.  They also demanded that we paid them to staff the event.  While the road course would be more desirable for our purposes, we just couldn't seem to come to an understanding.

We are using Sinnissippi Ice Racing's oval on the other side of the lake.  They are allowing us to run the event the way we see fit, and aren't asking for any ridiculous amount of money, just a one time fee of $100.  This is what the $5 driver fee goes toward.  Our members wanted a more open event, because some of them have never driven on ice.  This gives our members a nice opportunity to have some fun, do some drifting, and get some cool photos of their cars going sideways and kicking up some snow.  

This is less than a week away!  Can't wait to see you all out on the oval!

Just got off the phone with Jeremy from Lake Sinissippi Ice Racing, he said they have a foot and a half to two feet of ice all the way around the track.  They have had 80 cars parked out on the ice at one time.  If anyone is scared about putting their car into the drink after reading that, you are a silly person and I'm not having it.

Im going to get in touch with Karen's Lone Pine to see if they will offer any specials for us, as we are a good sized group.  Jeremy told me they run specials for the ice racing guys, so this is likely going to be the case.  

Make sure to fuel up and bring at least $5.00 cash if you're driving!  This goes for everyone driving.

The hours are from 9am to 3pm.  At 3pm they start re-grooming the track for the next day's racing.  

If you have any questions feel free to contact me on here via PM.

We had at least 50 cars plus two trucks doing tow duty on the ice yesterday, running exercises and the full course from close to shore to well

Into the middle of the lake. Three hours in the morning and three in the afternoon. No issues at all.

Make it if you can guys, it is a blast!Kick the rear end out and throttle steer like crazy. Wish I didn't have a work conflict so I could join everyone.