WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

Interior bits look fantastic! Why no sport seats?

The original sport seats are grey leather, and while the bolsters and cushions are in good shape - the leather itself is shredded. I'm going to set them aside to be recovered in the future - just wasn't in the budget for this winter. :(

Really happy with how all the interior bits cleaned up, parcel shelf, pillars, etc.... Will likely be dyed, recovered, or replaced!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks - that's my old caddy! Miss it - if I ever run across another worth saving I'll snatch it up.

*Almost* done polishing these damn Compomotive lips for a friend, taking way longer then I thought as two were pretty heavily knicked up. Trying to have them buffed to deliver this weekend.

THEN it'll finally be time for some E30 ass kicking! Interior is ready to go in, wheel manufacturer said my set should arrive before months end, and hoping to order a bunch if stuff from Condor Speedshop this week.

Starting Monday it'll be acouple hours a night - I'm way behind schedule for where I wanna be. Hoping to make SOWO in May!

No vacuum cleaner - but pretty everything else I wanted. It's a 2012 Town & Country Touring-L, black heated leather and steering wheel, power everything (sliding doors, tailgate, etc...), stow-and-go seating, (2) 9" flip-down TV's with a 7" touchscreen in dash, proximity keys, etc.... Not much it doesn't have.

Now that she got her car.... I can get to work on mine! Progress pics tonight!

Now all classe needs is a kegerator and he can chauffeur us around the car shows on bags of course and I bought a brand new van as well

My wife will likely tail me down to Scooters again - I'll pack the stow-n-go full of B...... Soda!

Last year we slept in the back of her Kia Sorrento, this year she's alittle too pregnant to sleep in a car/tent so we'll be heading home that night.

I don't have a pickle fork to remove the ball joint and tie rod ends - any other way to get them out of the lower strut housing/hub?

Got everything disconnected and unbolted up front - just need to separate ends and pull front suspension! Tomorrow night will hopefully be dropping the rear subframe!