WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

Had a good weekend getting stuff done!

Wheels are here and look great, front coils are welded up, painted, and installed. Rear springs and shocks are out and new springs are in for test fit.

Mocked up wheel spacers sizing as best as I could..... I'll be running a 16"x9" all around and I'm not sure if I need to add enough spacers to clear the coil body - or the lower spring collar. (I don't know how much springs will compress to set collar height yet). So still trying to figure that out....

Previous owner brought the car to Wisconsin from Alabama... I'm having a really hard time finding anything I'd consider "rust" on this car.

First "Southern Car" I've ever owned.... Still amazed every time I go in garage and turn a wrench how good of condition it's in!

3889C0B8-05D8-41A2-8D71-89B9ABD37C2C.jpg

How I did it:

Paddle bit around center - remove center. Score outer sleeve with sawzall, drive flathead between subframe side and score - bend edges in. Hit with "fine adjustment tool" until reach desired result.

First one took about 20 minutes (I didn't know there was a outer sleeve..... Shut up Earl) - second one took about 10 minutes.

Basketball in the living room time with my 2.5 year old! More tomorrow night.