WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

I called it a night at that point last night. I'll have a go at it again tonight after work.

It's odd pulling this apart after working on VWs for so long - similar of course but not knowing the nut sizes off the top of my head and trying to "learn the car" makes it a slower process then I'm used to. Tonight is break the ball joint and tie tod ends loose and yank front suspension.... Then heading to rear.

Tracking info shows rims are scheduled to arrive Friday..... I've got a lot of work to do to get the front coils welded up and toe/camber adjustments welded in Saturday and everything re-installed to test fit fitment.

If Oshkosh area peeps are looking for something to do nights this week or Saturday afternoon I'd love the help!

just on the topic of balljoint separators

they have these at harbor freight (or for rent at o'reilly)

OTC-6297.jpg

best tool for ball joint separation. 

If you run into any snags with the rear subframe dont hesitate to PM/call.

You should be able to manage, but it can be a little bit puzzling the first time if you dont "know the car" 

All I should have to do tomorrow to drop subframe is undo brake lines and unbolt subframe/diff bolt!

I'm so happy with the underside of this car - I'm having a hard time finding any real "rust" of any kind (heck hardly any speckle rust or ugly anything!). Obviously filthy - but southern cars are definitely the way to go!!!

Any help in ID'ing the existing drop springs - and a ballpark of what they're worth?

C3004115-58E8-43AB-9398-988962896852.jpg

FAAB8B82-7BEE-4AA8-9330-5CE0478B242A.jpg