WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

Lol.... Not *quite* what you think it's there for (YET). It'll be a year or more before the car is ready for a swap - in the meantime I've got a list of suspension, brake, etc.... Projects that need to be done first.

Once all that stuff is done though and I've got funds set aside...... It'll probably end up back there for something "big". ;)

What are your plans for the rear subframe? Bushings, weld-in camber adjuster thingys, paint, m-coupe diff cover, new ebrake cables, 5 lug??

Yes to all except 5-lug. If it can be removed and painted/replaced/coated it'll happen.

I've got a hookup for zinc coating - awaiting some test pieces and pricing back - but everything I've seen and discussed sounds MORE then resonanke. So bolts, brackets, rotors, etc... Will likely all be zinc coated.

Plans for M20 in the meantime will be texture black EVERYTHING will all zinc hardware - and some bolt-ons to hold me over until I've got cash set aside for bigger motor.

Yes to all except 5-lug. If it can be removed and painted/replaced/coated it'll happen.

I've got a hookup for zinc coating - awaiting some test pieces and pricing back - but everything I've seen and discussed sounds MORE then resonanke. So bolts, brackets, rotors, etc... Will likely all be zinc coated.

Plans for M20 in the meantime will be texture black EVERYTHING will all zinc hardware - and some bolt-ons to hold me over until I've got cash set aside for bigger motor.

Sounds great!  That will look badass! 

I wish I had a zinc guy.  I will have some rusty bolts come spring so I need to get all the engine shots while it still looks semi-proper.

Turbo the M20!!

I could lie and say a big cam'd ITB'd M20 hasn't been in my head lately. I certainly haven't been looking at the stroker kits and cams available. :P

Only time will tell - but at the very least it'll get an exhaust, intake, and chip to open up the car alittle bit. It feels like the engine is getting "choked out" at higher RPMs (like it's really working to pull in air).

All textured black? Sounds like someone I know=D

HEY-O!!!

I could lie and say a big cam'd ITB'd M20 hasn't been in my head lately. I certainly haven't been looking at the stroker kits and cams available. :P

Only time will tell - but at the very least it'll get an exhaust, intake, and chip to open up the car alittle bit. It feels like the engine is getting "choked out" at higher RPMs (like it's really working to pull in air).

For sure.  Driving a stock car is the BOTS.  (back of the sack).

I am strongly recommending condor speed shop bushings.  I like mine a lot.

Measurements taken, and template made. He's gonna make up a prototype and bring it down once it's done. Not sure of a timeline, but I'm in no hurry....

I've got my eyes on this Condor Speed Shop kit:

http://www.condorspeedshop.com/products/combo-solid-offset-m3-cabs-12mm-subframe-riser-bushings-trailing-arm-bushings-diferential-mount

... And think I've worked a deal for some new rollers. 3-piece and plenty rare - hesitant to pull the trigger tho because I'm alittle worried about finding parts for them. One will be here Saturday tho for a test fit and I'll decide from there!

Pics to come! ;)

Stainless isnt worth it for the headache of getting the right bolts and then the total cost. I wish I had a zinc guy. Let me know how he works out=) Did that plate get fabbed and installed the other day or were measurements just taken?

Once I get test pieces I'll post more info, but since the business is local to me I can help coordinate if people are interested in getting pieces done.

Hopefully the next couple weeks aren't too busy where I can get a lot done!

Did a quick test fit last night.... Wasn't quite where I thought they'd sit (I had measured these at about ET20 so was expecting a pinch more "tuck").

The original plan was to fill-and-redrill centers and swap the existing 1.5" lips for 3.00" lips. After the test fit though, I'm comfortable with 1" more lip.... Any more I think I'll have too much poke/camber to fit "perfect".

So looking at running 1" adapters (keeping current lips) and swapping barrels out for 1.5" larger. I found a guy last night in Canada with a set of barrels, just awaiting pics and pricing.

Should get me a 16"x9" all around, and have some "play" in the offsets using adapters. I'll have to wait and see on those barrels before making any decisions.... Onto the pics!

6E4D312D-92DA-4D9D-A986-132E3F4B4CF6.jpg

851E19AE-29E9-4724-B8BE-0A812097590B.jpg

98B3442D-2CB8-46E1-976D-4EEEEAD889B6.jpg

Was in Milwaukee this weekend for a Christmas Party, and picked these up for a staggering $66 for the pair. I dont have the extra project money this winter to reupholster the original sport seats or get aftermarket seats - so these will work for one summer. A big thanks to xXxGOODKILLAxXx for the referral and info!!!

F96C704B-DCEE-4754-9300-6E33AA3B790D.jpg