WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official Sighting Thread

alexw

Wasn't me, my e30 is hibernating until spring. Can't wait for the snow and salt to disappear!

"thor:it" haha, that name has to go. In all my haste to join in the community, it was the first name that came to mind, and it's dumb. Who knows how to change usernames?

Posted Image

What are your requirements for bringing the E30 out for the year?

Mine usually comes out after all the snow is melted and at least 2 decent rainstorms have hit.... it may be nuts, but man is it nice to work on a rust free car.

Edited by Snap Understeer

Haha! Dealt with. Got a fresh new name now. I do design visualization, and my name is Ian, so now, like other sites, I am visian. I normally do the same - wait for the snow to disappear and watch for the salt coating on roads to thin out. I think this year I may just wait for the snow to disappear and then make sure to keep it clean. I want an early start this year (as it continues to snow outside...)

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know the guy who drives the silver/tan e24 around the east side? spotted it again today by the north ave. bars

was in chicago this weekend and say an e34 touring in a parking garage that was calypso

I've seen this car around too, but don't know who it is. There is also a white one I think if I'm remembering correctly somewhere around the eastside. I bet that E34 looked sharp!

^How is that gym? I'm thinking about getting a membership there, not far from my house.

I love it but it is fucking expensive. It's worth it to me because of the amount of equipment they have, the indoor track and it's 24hrs. Overall it is a nice facility but you pay for that. I'd recommend you get a trial and go from there because once you sign the contract you're stuck.