WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Love my job, but work waay too much.  My car is at about 47th on my list of things to do and that REALLY sucks.

ever since I started my job here(two years ago this month) we have had mandatory overtime, often 50+ a week, and begging us for more. Which I took advantage of. But now we are at 40 hours, and its like vacation every day :) or maybe it feels like it. 

ever since I started my job here(two years ago this month) we have had mandatory overtime, often 50+ a week, and begging us for more. Which I took advantage of. But now we are at 40 hours, and its like vacation every day :) or maybe it feels like it.

I try NOT to work OT.

Got sucked into it at Wrigley Field a couple weeks ago. My tax for that week was more then I used to take home per week ten years ago!

I think working overtime gets real old real quick. But that doesn't mean I work a lot more than 40 hours a week. It's nice to be able to do jobs on the side and other things to profit in your spare time. Like starting your own business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been working OT since the day I started here... Before kids it was 10-15 hours a week, now I'm doing about 5 a week with kids. I could realistically work as much as I want, just choose not to now with kids at home.

Expecting 4 boxes today/tomorrow with parts...

Why are the time stamps on our posts off by like 14 hours? Someone change the time zone without telling anyone?

Reading off my phone it says you posted this at 8:09am. Check your profiles settings to see if you are still set on central time. I can look into it later if it's still an issue.

If anyone enjoys whiskey: Festival Foods by me has Crown Royal XO on a huge sale right now (supposedly they're discontinuing the XO, so they're selling all existing stock). Maybe check your local stores if interested...

Regularly $52 for a .75ltr, on Sale for $25.

Anyone know of any mechanical designers looking for a job or a change, send them my way.  Just hired a new guy, who is doing awesome, but another guy gave his notice.  Apprently moving back up north the UP is more important than working for me!  Kidding, I knew it wouldn't be long before he left.

If you have any good candidates, please forward them on.  bob (at) c2s (dot) com

Thanks!

Finally found this in the boxes of stuff in my basement:

41104AA2-D80C-47E2-B939-AFC5D10CA2A5.jpg

My grandfather made this for me when I was about 6-7 years old, because me and the neighborhood kids loved to play "war". He made me this and an AK-47 (which was short lived - broke it almost immediately sliding behind a fence trying to evade "the enemy").

Very cool, ive thought about that scenario before. I walked to school everyday (1.5 miles) since 1st grade with the neighbor kid that was 2 years older. Then alone in 3rd grade+

Based on todays news headlines my parents would be in trouble with child protective services.