WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Finally found this in the boxes of stuff in my basement:

My grandfather made this for me when I was about 6-7 years old, because me and the neighborhood kids loved to play "war". He made me this and an AK-47 (which was short lived - broke it almost immediately sliding behind a fence trying to evade "the enemy").

One of those childhood memories that I'll never forget, so glad I found this after all these years!

Think of the news headlines and drama that would come from a 6-7 year old running between houses at dusk waving this at other kids as they ran around in this day and age...

Heck, back in my middle-school days (many many moons ago). I actually brought two guns to school for show and tell. Even showed the class how to load and aim, proper stance, etc. Shit, imagine doing that nowadays!

*cough* meetings cancelled today. *cough* day off *cough* ...what. :-). Headed to Appleton today to test drive an M4 for fun.. Some email I got from BMW to drive a new BMW to support Team USA. Must be just a sales event but if they are going to let me drive one I'm not going to argue. Lol

*cough* meetings cancelled today. *cough* day off *cough* ...what. :-). Headed to Appleton today to test drive an M4 for fun.. Some email I got from BMW to drive a new BMW to support Team USA. Must be just a sales event but if they are going to let me drive one I'm not going to argue. Lol

My shop is right near the dealership! I can also take a long lunch break from work  today if you needed..... a local familiar with the city? A co driver to keep you awake? 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: V70R is the best family car around. I will post pics soon. Silver with black and tan interior, 6spd, 300 horsies under the hood. It was a one owner car and has been very well maintained. A professor at UWP bought it from Chicago. It's a major upgrade from the rusty old maxima.

Sent from my potato phone.