WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 project thread

Bassboy3313

Doesn't feel like I accomplished much but took a lot of time. :/ Finished up the lower oil cooler mounts and got them tapped and jb welded on. We'll see how it holds. y2asa4ad.jpg

yzy6ujyd.jpg

Then I went ahead and made the top oil cooler mounts as well out of flat stock aluminum. udy3avy7.jpg

I also bolted the front euro bumper to the euro valance with two longer carriage bolts (thanks Kyle for the trick). Since I have to modify it all to for the group 2 flares, it works perfectly.

vedenu5u.jpg

I then noticed I wanted the two air duct holes in the alpina spoiler to be open, so I cut the lip off the valence. 9anamate.jpg

Much better!

adade3av.jpg

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on getting the charge piping cut/ground/welded since realizing that the e30 ellipsoids with HIDs I am running interfere with the SMIC placement. For now I will run it without an IC like I have been in the past. Until I figure something else out that is. Been a slow process which really makes me wish I had a welder and the skills to do it myself. Oh well.

Got the welded up charge piping back the other day.

u5uhevuz.jpg

The pieces that were made back in the 80s turned out to be mild steel instead of aluminum, so I had to get a coat of paint or powdercoat on them to prevent rusting. So I opted to paint all the piping in cast iron gray color.

gury4aby.jpg

I love the color and it goes with the old school theme of the car. Looks brownish gray in the sun but kind of army green in the shade. I still dig! I got it all mounted up and snugged down. Along with the IAC to intake hose as well.

ere3avyt.jpg

ehesy9et.jpg

Just need to hook a few more things up and fill with fluids and I should he able to try starting it. Soon!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Got quite a bit of the piddly stuff done today. Ran fpr vac to fitting on manifold, filled with coolant, changed oil, secured return fuel hose to hard line, got a large vac cap for a spot on throttle body, tightened oil cooler lines and turbo oil feed line and tightened alternator down.

I also figured out a spot to mount my custom catch can, hidden behind the brake booster. I took the spare piece of aluminum strip I had and bent up a bracket for it. Drilled some mounting holes, powdercoated it and boom, done! Just need to run the hoses from valve cover to intake.

9y3uvamu.jpg

megemega.jpg

enapu5up.jpg