WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 project thread

Bassboy3313

• 2 weeks later...

So of course right before the October meet, the curse of fat bob haunts the ol' E21 once again! It seems that the injector drivers in the megasquirt might have been fried due to a short in the electrical. I am doing some diagnosing and have ordered some new FETs from DIYAutotune,  but I highly doubt I will get them and installed in time. That is if they are the only issue here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since the car didn't make it for the last meet of the season, figured it was time to start on the interior. I took the seats out (which are for sale of anyone is interested) and ripped the nasty carpet out partly so far. Irritates the crap out of me that my car was relatively rust free when I got it, was forced to drive it that first winter and this is what happens ...

b023cd94ec058020e37833a1f5ac35fa.jpg

32dc56886528587423a4de862e3bbbd7.jpg

Guess this means my winter project is cutting out the floors and welding in new pans. And of course figuring out the electrical issue in the first place.