WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E21 project thread

Bassboy3313

Wow. THe skills excersised here. Just amazing. Love the work, love the car. I am astounded.

Thanks man! Lots of thought, engineering, and custom work has gone into this setup. Yeah there were easier ways to do things, but my #1 philosophy is being different. Even if it means making things more difficult for myself, lol.

And the results are??

Haven't gotten over to the car yet. Will be this afternoon. I will update this pronto!

Update: Was testing the wiring for the injector pins just now. Checked continuity between the injector clip pins and chassis ground, got nothing which is good. Then I tested continuity between the injector pins on the MS db37 connector and the injector clips. Db37 pins 34 & 35 tested good against cyl 2 & 4 injector clips. Db37 pin 33 tested good against cyl 1 & 3 injector clips, but db37 pin 32 was a no go. Hhmmm interesting. Took apart the db37 plug and unwrapped the tape around wires and found this for pin 32.

d6e43f9894c2c71a75d1f4305837620e.jpgeb5b488d42c9c1a21b5c0cbfc00f0b5b.jpg

That wire for pin 32 popped out of the db37 connector pin, which is why continuity was zero. Getting closer! So now I just need to figure out how to get that wire back in and seated right and see if that fixes my issues.

Well good news!! I ended up buying a d-sub crimper tool and a d-sub extractor/insertion tool from radio shack. I was a bitch extracting the pin from the connector without the wire attached, but eventually got it with the help of a bent paperclip. when attempting to recrimp the wire onto the old pin, the pin broke in half. Went back to radio shack and bought some new pins. Crimped wire and inserted back into connector with tool. BINGO!!! Continuity on pin 32 is now golden. Put wiring back together, installed injector clips, throttle body and charge piping again and fired her up. 

She runs amazingly smooth now with no more shutter! I am assuming that with the one wire connected to injectors 1&3 that they werent getting enough current to fire enough fuel, causing the shutter. Now I just need to retune everything since its running super rich  and i should be good to go!!