WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build Thread?

GunMetalGrey

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy pic, but it gets the point across.

IMG_20170507_163647_838

Struggling to figure out a coolant expansion tank, and may resort to just putting one back in the stock location and making some brackets for it. 
I also decided to move the oil cooler and that has been providing an equal amount of headaches. 

In good news the everything else is taken care of, and the ECU seems to be working well and I feel confident that once I get the oil and coolant situation figured out it should fire up first go. 

• 2 weeks later...

^ I had a late lunch with the family, so I don't think tonight will be that night!

In other news, I replaced all of the soft brake lines with braided stainless ones and also replaced all of the brake hardlines over the past year. Holy crap is the brake pedal awesome now! 

I'm doing some non driving tuning right meow and hope to be able to give it another test drive soon! 

On 5/22/2017 at 0:12 PM, Jdesign said:

New hardlines you say. Were the old ones rotted?

I needed to replace the soft lines in the rear at the caliper, and the nuts were gross so I figured I may as well replace them. 
The ones above the rear subframe were gross and I did those when the subframe was out this winter. 
I had done the front's when I deleted ABS. 

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Snap said:

And now you understand why cars come with the smallest possible injectors from the factory instead of just sending everything out with 42#ers. Big injectors make tuning more cumbersome.

I am not 100% sure that everything is coming down to that, but I'm sure it doesn't help a ton. 

Switched to full sequential the other day and also changed the req_fuel to reflect the new information in regards to the injectors (they were rounded for lb/hr and also rated at 3 bar) and suddenly this thing is a different animal. 
No burnout vids, but there has for sure been some tire spin. 

Oh, my starter solenoid did start acting up hard today. Had to have a friend hit it with a screwdriver while I held the key over. Grabbing a new one today to fix that. Luckily it didn't start when I was at a friends house instead of a gas station or somewhere random. 

I have to hit my starter with a screwdriver to get it to start lately. That's fun. 
Still trying to track down an 10+PSI breakup. Hoping to do a bit of logging this weekend and really pinpoint what's going on. 

Got sideways on a gentle bend at about 60mph from rolling on the throttle, didn't expect that to happen and it was amusing to say the least. Stayed in it and just powered through, worked out fine. It just so happened to be when I was giving my dad ride lol.