WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hello everyone!  Last April I purchased a 1992 525i with 58k miles on it from Tennessee and have been putting countless hours in it.  I will soon be taking the plunge into the boosted realm so any advice for a m50nv is much appreciated.  The e60 was purchased for my mom over the summer since she enjoyed driving my car so much and her previous AWD car was dying (2007 Acura MDX).  

_MG_0096.jpg

_MG_0101.jpg

I'm looking at running a tial wastegate and a MBC with a gt30 or hx35 so I'm not especially worried about boost creep.  I'm trying to decide whether to do OB2 conversion or megasquirt.  

No boost creep for us either. The wastegate signal line popped off which caused it to stop wasting gates

On 1/21/2016 at 2:37 AM, Earl said:

Welcome. Such a lovely e34=) Any other plans for it besides boost?

Suspension work like lowering and strut brace,  finish up the sound system and a longer final drive once it's booted.  

And the volvo lip of course.

I also need to ninish tidying up the interior, there's some 20YO tint on the back glass I still need to get a steamer to do,  I also need to rewire the drivers side seat I bought (e32 komfort).  I have dove everything now except for front seats and dash (black),  I'm planning on using the top black trim on my door cards from the old interior and then doing an ebonized finish on the wood.  

• 2 weeks later...