WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

• 2 weeks later...

Time to wipe a little dust off...

20161113_164645_zpspxn0j0cc.jpg

I pulled the front subframe to get powdercoated since it got pretty messed up at the body shop from the bay work and being jacked up without any padding.

20161127_151859_zpsguunl65d.jpg

Tonight I will put the rear up on stands as well so I can remove the undercoat and any surface rust from the rear subframe forward. I am still trying to think of a clever way to heat under the car so that I can recoat within a few days and have it actually dry (since it can't dry in 30-40 degree weather) 

20161127_152801_zpsslc0ckiu.jpg

I'm assuming I could. There is a heater in the garage but the doors fit like ass and it isn't insulated. A floor heater of some sort is my best bet I guess=) 

Rampelsauce is doing the coating so I am sure he is aware of that. Dave had his done and I haven't seen a picture of it thrown across his garage yet=P lol

55 minutes ago, Earl said:

Will this keep from getting too hot to actually burn other things? lol

I have yet to burn anything with the torpedo heater, unless you count the air hose laying on top of the heater and bursting. 

2 minutes ago, Earl said:

I'm assuming I could. There is a heater in the garage but the doors fit like ass and it isn't insulated. A floor heater of some sort is my best bet I guess=) 

Rampelsauce is doing the coating so I am sure he is aware of that. Dave had his done and I haven't seen a picture of it thrown across his garage yet=P lol

My subframe has zero areas that couldn't be coated as it was the rear subframe and the mount are separate. Doesn't hurt to mention it to him. :)

Still chugging along slowly but surely.

This afternoon I will be dropping my brake line fittings off for plating so I should be able to get the front brake setup all done shortly after I get them back. 

In other news I picked up a part I have been wanting for quite some time. 
20161208_161400_zpsu91gcodc.jpg
20161208_162937_zpsh2z1diib.jpg
20161208_163031_zpstq8litrc.jpg

I apologize for the potato quality lighting (and for not replacing my damaged HVAC panel before showing this haha)

In an effort to make things as simple and clean as possible (most aesthetically) I removed the head unit in favor of controlling the speaker system in a different way. More on that once I actually start the wiring. 

Speaking of wiring, can someone help me find the amp wiring diagram for a premium sound compact? It looks like all other e36's use a similar but slightly different amp. 

That's awesome! Thank you Pat

Also, screw purchasing from Panjo. I bought a set of brand new oem grilles that a guy had sitting and he hasn't responded to anything since I bought them over a week ago. I also emailed Panjo to get a hold of him and they haven't even responded to me. Such a joke