WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

new guy in Burlington / Lake Geneva area

Hi guys,

bassboy3313 sent me over here to WI BIMMERS.  I recently purchased an e21 sport package.  I snapped a not-so-good picture of it where it's stored and worked on in the back area of my small business (laser scanning).  I'll get some better ones taken once it gets decent enough out.

I had a hand-me-down 320i back in the late 1980's, which my parents were the original owners of.  I sold it to a friend in the mid 1990's, he ran it up to a quarter million miles or so and it went away circa 1998.  That stinkin' car was in continuous daily operation from 1982-1998 including all winters!

For the last 3-5 years I had been kicking around getting another one and finally pulled the trigger last October.  It's black/black cloth just like my old one was.  I also did the bavauto lowering kit and 14" Panasports just like I used to have.  This one is an iS with a factory air dam and my old one had a Kamei so there will be some concessions, but the idea is to make it a continuation car.

Oh yeah, I also have a manual trans e92 328i as a daily driver.

Later,

Wally

post-3589-0-56715500-1425490015_thumb.jp

So clean - nice car.

Welcome.

Thanks.  I found a mostly rust free car that car that has either never been driven in winter or only a couple winters back when it was new so it is pretty clean.  I say mostly rust free because there is some surface rust on some of the components underneath.  But otherwise really clean, like even the relays under the hood aren't corroded.  It has about 60k miles on it (documented).  Unfortunately, it will need to have one rear quarter repainted due to a poor/aging re-spray of that area.

Cool!  I have a '97 Speed Triple and a '00 Daytona that I use as a track bike (I know a 675 would be a waaay better choice).  Since I ride like an old lady, moving up to a 675 won't help me much.  I've owned the Speed Triple since '99, it has ~110,000 miles on it.  Attached are pics of this outdated machinery.

post-3589-0-08747000-1425939694_thumb.jppost-3589-0-69682800-1425939731_thumb.jp