WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Your Favorite Car Guys

B C

Do you have any favorite figures from the automotive world?

There are many car guys that I love, but I would have to say that my top three are

JAY LENO

With Jay Leno going off the air it just reminded me of how cool of a guy he is. For how much money he has, he is still grounded on planet earth and seems to be a genuinely good guy. He is extremely knowledgeable with automotive history and he actually drives the rare and collectible cars that are in his collection

0107-leno-tankcar.jpg leno_w.jpg

ELON MUSK

The closest thing to Tony Stark that we have experienced in real life. Tesla and Space-X CEO, Sold PayPal to start up Tesla Motors.
Soft-spoken, brilliant businessman, knows no boundaries, dreams big, and seems to have succeeded at something so many have failed at before.

tesla-ceo-elon-musk-628.jpgxxx-42040_tesla_019-4_3.jpg

BOB LUTZ (Maximum Bob)

Swiss-born former Executive VP of Sales at BMW who is partially responsible for the creation of the BMW 3-series.
Former General Motors CEO and all around badass
Snide, outspoken, opinionated, and unapologetic. The father of some very great quotes. 

He even melted down his own L39 jet to promote recycling. 

Bob-Lutz-With-Cigar-403x340.jpegLutz-Jet.jpg

Jerry Seinfeld. 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is amazing.  He's also one of the worlds premier Porsche Collectors. Did I mention that he owns a 917 Gulf livery race car?  Also, 959.  Mmmmm.

jerry-seinfeld-porsche_a06d640aa2.jpg

Ralph Lauren

Holy hell this guy has an obscene amount of rare exotics.  His Ferrari collection rivals any in the world.  Including Ferrari itself. 

splash-page-photo-Richard-Corman-630x332

I agree with Maximum Bob Lutz and Leno for sure, but not Musk.  He's a pretentious dick-bag(he is what he eats(which is bags of dicks)) who believes the world should work based on his plan..  I like Chris Harris as well, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

No one mentioned these guys, so I'll just leave this here.

top-gear.jpeg

Tom and Ray Magliozzi

Just two regular guys shooting the shit about cars. Love it.

Top Gear Guys

There are no funnier car guys then these three. They also have pretty good taste in cars and I most enjoy how much they shit on modern BMW styling.

3rd, but not last would be Steve McQueen.  Raced professionally, great taste in cars and motorcycles, and was all around a bad-ass guy.  Doing your own car/motorcycle stunts in a movie = ice cold.

Patrick Dempsey has got to be on the list.  I wanted to hate this guy then I met him at ALMS last summer.  He spent a good 15 minutes on Friday night just shooting the shit with me and some friends after we saw him walking through the pits.  He was genuinely nice and is a car guy through and through.  And he daily's a 911 GT3 RS... 

Untitled-115.jpg

I highly recommend watching the Road to Le Mans series that he had last summer.

You met him?!!?!? That is AWESOME! 

The most famous car guy ive ever met is probably just Earl

I've met Earl and I'd have to say he's about on par with Patrick Dempsey!

After we got all set up at Road America I went and walked around the pits with 2 of my buddies right as the sun was setting and we happened to see Patrick Dempsey just walking around.  I said Hi and asked if we could take a picture and he came over and shot the shit with us about racing movies, beer, cars, etc.  One of my friends told him we were up for my bachelor party and the jokes just started rolling in.  He's the kinda guy you'd go get a beer with.

As we all know, he was letting someone else slip his whip.    Bad things always happen when you let someone slip your whip. 
I stalled Kaisers car in an intersection and kept reaching for the fan switch to get the car started. 

(perhaps If the fan blows hard enough it will start turning the engine?!?!?!?)

Although he is not my favorite, Jeff Dunham has a good crop of cars. He even has a real batmobile. He won't tell anyone what he paid for it but he had it made street legal and had an LSx dropped in.

9e227978-0135-4bdf-8392-6bf5.jpg

You also can't forget the Achmed hotrod. (The mouth moves with the throttle and the roof is chopped for your heads to stick through)

DSC_0147.JPG