WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Just moved to Milwaukee - Concours or International

Stryker

Hello all! We just moved to Milwaukee and plan to stay here for a while. I found out about this forum from a local member at M5board.

So my first question is where should I take my 2008 M5 which is still under CPO warranty and has a maintenance plan - Concours or International. And even more important, is there a master mechanic that is known for doing good work on M5s?

Thanks for any info!

Thanks for the info everyone and for making it so easy - Concours it is. Now, I am sure that all mechanics there are good but I would really like to find one that has more experience with E60 M5s. I work on all my cars myself, but since the M5 is still covered CPO/maintenance, I will take it to the dealer for covered items. So I would really appreciate it if someone can PM me a name or two?  :) Thanks!

REKIII - thanks again for pointing me to this forum!

Hope to meet some of you in person as well.

• 6 months later...

Backstory: kaiser got lost 2 blocks away from the meeting point for the 5er meet when our love train was broken up by a 4 way stop. Instead of calling me or chris for directions he pulled over and indulged in some donuts that he had stashed away. I dont blame the man but he threw in the towel prematurely on that one

Concours all day every day. I have received nothing but exceptional service and communication from them. 

My buddy tried taking his M3 to IA once and was basically just ignored/disregarded, which was enough to steer me away. 

Was this at Kruse in Dubuque?  They are less than stellar in my book.  Ridiculous prices and poor customer service.  I got there at 12:05 on a Saturday to pick up some parts and nobody could get them because the parts dept closed at noon.  But there were at least a dozen people there standing around.  It's not that hard to find the baggie with my name on it and take my cash...

Was this at Kruse in Dubuque?  They are less than stellar in my book.  Ridiculous prices and poor customer service.  I got there at 12:05 on a Saturday to pick up some parts and nobody could get them because the parts dept closed at noon.  But there were at least a dozen people there standing around.  It's not that hard to find the baggie with my name on it and take my cash...

Just to clarify once the parts department closes, its like locking a vault. Only parts dept employees have access/keys to get in. Unless you requested something to get set out you're stuck waiting till the next morning.