WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*

Jdesign

Finally I have a garage to call my own!! It's nothing special but I'm surprised by how much stuff I've been able to put in here and still have room to work. I'll be tearing into the car starting next week as I finish settling into the apartment.

Car pulled 1/2 out so I have room to work up front

post-2724-0-26755600-1373510447_thumb.jp

My E28 parts collection

post-2724-0-58053600-1373510468_thumb.jp

Work bench

post-2724-0-74959200-1373510488_thumb.jp

Overall View with car pulled in

post-2724-0-30050700-1373510635_thumb.jp

Its tight but I can't complain. Will be nice to work on the car slowly with no rush to get things done.

• 7 months later...

I would kill to have a place to store my cars/toys/projects all I have is a one car and that's where my 944 lives until she sells and my Beemer has to stay outside and the rest is over an hour away from me anyone willing to go in for a shop in Madison?

Maybe you could join in at my shop? There's only two of us currently and plenty of room..... PM me for details

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 2 garages both 24 x 28 but one, the one without a partition wall is full of everyone else's stuff. Boats, a DSM and all the yard stuff. The one I get to wrench in has a 24 x 20 area for cars and an 8 x 24 shop for tools, work benches and storage. Unfortunately it's packed full of $hit I should probably throw away and straighten up.

Garagemates004.jpg

ramp016.jpg

Toolboxes004.jpg

• 2 months later...

This last weekend we got the keys to our first house!  I couldn't be more excited!  The garage is 24x30 with a wall heater and insulated ceiling with great lighting and storage up top.  It's wired for 100 amp and the floors are finished already.

After this weekend we will be completely moved in so I will get some better pics.

My plans are as follows:

Clean up walls

Build more shelves and storage

Add air compressor

Replace one opener

New Doors

20140530_2026461_zps373a28ea.jpg

20140530_2027511_zps98974436.jpg

Moved into the new shop over the weekend in Sun Prairie. Very happy and excited as I'm finally in a space that fits my needs! Moved both cars over and the random parts I had in storage at the old place. At the end of the month I'll be moving all my parts over from the garage when I move into my condo also. 

New space is ~1350 sq/ft with office and bathroom. Entire unit has heating and A/C which is gonna be awesome :D All my parts will be stored above the office as there is about 7ft between the ceiling and roof. Hoping to have a lift in before winter which will most likely go to the left of the bathroom. Below is a pic with the cars in. my shop mate has a Neon bandit race car which is a stock, unmodified, front wheel drive only 4 cylinder class run at the circle tracks around here. 

10390157_10152900348994937_9028357379044

This last weekend we got the keys to our first house!  I couldn't be more excited!  The garage is 24x30 with a wall heater and insulated ceiling with great lighting and storage up top.  It's wired for 100 amp and the floors are finished already.

After this weekend we will be completely moved in so I will get some better pics.

My plans are as follows:

Clean up walls

Add air compressor

Replace one opener

New Doors

Looks good Pat, I have seen people use polystyrene foam insulation over a concrete wall with furring strips to attach a finished surface to.  You can do that on the inside or outside, if you do it on the inside you can hang drywall, on the outside you can cover it with vinyl siding.  I added 1.5" foam (r7.5)to the outside wall, which faces south, of my attached garage when I replaced the wood siding with vinyl and it made a nice difference.  You may end up with condensation issues and everything always being damp with just the concrete.  It would also be easier/cheaper to heat.

Looks good Pat, I have seen people use polystyrene foam insulation over a concrete wall with furring strips to attach a finished surface to.  You can do that on the inside or outside, if you do it on the inside you can hang drywall, on the outside you can cover it with vinyl siding.  I added 1.5" foam (r7.5)to the outside wall, which faces south, of my attached garage when I replaced the wood siding with vinyl and it made a nice difference.  You may end up with condensation issues and everything always being damp with just the concrete.  It would also be easier/cheaper to heat.

That's a good idea.  I will have to consider that for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

My plans are as follows:

Clean up walls

Add air compressor

Replace one opener

New Doors

20140530_2026461_zps373a28ea.jpg

20140530_2027511_zps98974436.jpg

Congrats, this looks like an awesome space for a first house. I am jelly!! I only rent, but I have my feelers out for the right garage with a house attached too  :D

Moved into the new shop over the weekend in Sun Prairie. Very happy and excited as I'm finally in a space that fits my needs! Moved both cars over and the random parts I had in storage at the old place. At the end of the month I'll be moving all my parts over from the garage when I move into my condo also. 

New space is ~1350 sq/ft with office and bathroom. Entire unit has heating and A/C which is gonna be awesome :D All my parts will be stored above the office as there is about 7ft between the ceiling and roof. Hoping to have a lift in before winter which will most likely go to the left of the bathroom. Below is a pic with the cars in. my shop mate has a Neon bandit race car which is a stock, unmodified, front wheel drive only 4 cylinder class run at the circle tracks around here. 

10390157_10152900348994937_9028357379044

Nice Chris,Congrats! Sun Prairie isn't far from me, as you know. Don't be a stranger and I would love to come check out the new shop when you are all moved in!

Currently trying to buy my first house as well! Hopefully will be moving in this saturday. 

Important notes- It has a 24/36 heated pole shop that is nearly brand new, and it has a 200 amp service. :) 

Side note- Square footage of the house is smaller than the shop=MY KIND OF PLACE

Dude that's awesome! That's my goal in the next 5 years is to buy some land and build a pole barn, probably with a built in apartment so I can have my ultimate man cave haha.

• YoungCR changed the title to Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*