WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*

Jdesign

Since the Raptor is the daily, I'm hoping it will be able to fit in the attached garage.  The shed is about 200' from the house.  Winter trek to the truck would suck.

It is so cool seeing this floor come together.  It's funny, there is a lot more to do, but this part seems so important, almost like the rest doesn't matter, haha.

Moved into the new shop over the weekend in Sun Prairie. Very happy and excited as I'm finally in a space that fits my needs! Moved both cars over and the random parts I had in storage at the old place. At the end of the month I'll be moving all my parts over from the garage when I move into my condo also. 

New space is ~1350 sq/ft with office and bathroom. Entire unit has heating and A/C which is gonna be awesome :D All my parts will be stored above the office as there is about 7ft between the ceiling and roof. Hoping to have a lift in before winter which will most likely go to the left of the bathroom. Below is a pic with the cars in. my shop mate has a Neon bandit race car which is a stock, unmodified, front wheel drive only 4 cylinder class run at the circle tracks around here. 

Where about in sun prairie looks like linnerud shops or industrial park by my work :0

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Oh nice area! Ill have to check it out when I(you) fix Delilah lol just kidding. don't wanna drive the rice bucket daily overSent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

You'd fit right in, capital is being used as a drag strip by the east wash guys on Friday nights now.

Sadly im not getting over there as much as I'd like, but next time im spending an afternoon there i'll invite you over since we still havent met.

Now that I am situated in my new home and am getting ready to bring the e21 there as well, I wanted to turn what was once a sun room attached to the garage, into a workshop. Plans are to take out the windows and make it a solid wall so no one can see in anymore, build a worktable and eventually insulate it and drywall the rest. One of the cool parts tho is that most if not all the wood will be recycled and cost me zero dollars. My dad is currently rebuilding his backyard deck (where the 4x4s and 2x4s will come from) and my brother just replaced his flooring in the living room with carpet (where the table and shelving tops will come from). I started out measuring the area and modeling the room layout in my 3D program I use for work. This is what I came up with.

0ecbf4e92f1f4402c1e037fc1e28c6d0.jpg

Next I demolished a storage box that was built into the wall making room for part of the table.

38254ef2aec325b06f3b0e264a8a723c.jpg

First section almost done framing.

fe07dd793974efee54f2e3770c5b806d.jpg

First section done framing and ready for the tops. Second section almost done framing.

b35c1b0d053842240c3a578d847c0c2d.jpg

Its getting there. I'm pretty excited!

Now that I am situated in my new home and am getting ready to bring the e21 there as well, I wanted to turn what was once a sun room attached to the garage, into a workshop. Plans are to take out the windows and make it a solid wall so no one can see in anymore, build a worktable and eventually insulate it and drywall the rest. One of the cool parts tho is that most if not all the wood will be recycled and cost me zero dollars. My dad is currently rebuilding his backyard deck (where the 4x4s and 2x4s will come from) and my brother just replaced his flooring in the living room with carpet (where the table and shelving tops will come from). I started out measuring the area and modeling the room layout in my 3D program I use for work. This is what I came up with.

0ecbf4e92f1f4402c1e037fc1e28c6d0.jpg

Next I demolished a storage box that was built into the wall making room for part of the table.

38254ef2aec325b06f3b0e264a8a723c.jpg

First section almost done framing.

fe07dd793974efee54f2e3770c5b806d.jpg

First section done framing and ready for the tops. Second section almost done framing.

b35c1b0d053842240c3a578d847c0c2d.jpg

Its getting there. I'm pretty excited!

If you need a hand just send me a PM. I am close and willing to help   :cool:

If you need a hand just send me a PM. I am close and willing to help   :cool:

Looking good. I like the planning/thought going into this. It will be what you want and less work down the road.

Thanks! I will definitely let you know if I do! :)

Looks great, I also used a 7x11 porch as part of my one car garage to increase useable shop area.

Thanks man! I figure why not turn something that wasn't really used into something very useful, you know?

Very cool Dave! Can't wait to have my own in-home shop and bonus points for reusing materials! Gives it great character.

Thanks Chris! Yeah, you will for sure know its reused materials. I was thinking about painting it so it all looks close to the same, but maybe I will let the character of the mismatched wood stay for awhile. :D

Signed the lease for the shop on Wednesday, 1200 sq/ft of a place to call ours! I am extremely excited to have it over the winter, as it has heated floors!

Bathroom, high ceiling, and large garage door are all a bonus!

I will be getting pictures up once we start moving things in.  

This sounds epic with heated floors. I am officially jealous. 

This looks awesome, reusing materials and building on your own is where its at! Hats of to you sir, keep it up, I cant wait to see the finished product!!!!

• YoungCR changed the title to Let's see where the magic happens *garage photos*